Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DiamondSwan, Dec 15, 2015.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

All birds.

-Kathy

2. DiamondSwan

DiamondSwan Overrun With Chickens

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Have you ever seen one so swollen?

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Saw one really swollen one at the feed store.

-Kathy

4. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Ahhh. Haven't seen any on BYC.

5. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

I haven't either. Also saw one with a grade 7 with no real swelling, but the infection spread to his bones, then to his blood and he died.

-Kathy

6. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Awe, poor ducky. People think that it go's away by itself but it doesn't :(

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    sheesh Kathy. That is gnarly. Great JOB!!

8. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Bless bless this sweet cute little guy. Igor. I love you. You're to be commended, Destiny, for your devotion to him.

1 person likes this.
  9. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Thank you Julie! It's not that hard, really. I've been having so much fun learning so much and taking care of him. There's some amazing people here on BYC helping me, and I couldn't have done it without them. Oh and guess what, I have to give him antibiotics for a few weeks, so I get to take him with us on vacation! I figured out a way for all the animals to have food and water for 2 weeks. We live in Georgia, and my 9 siblings, parents, Igor, and I are driving up in our big 15 passenger van to Ohio to visit family and friends a few days after Christmas! I'm so excited!

10. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    You're welcome. I totally agree, Destiny. There are some amazing and kind people here. That is so cool you are taking him with you. He'll love it. I think it will be a hoot having him in the van with you as you all drive up to Ohio. I can only imagine him chortling and making little noises and just being a cute duck for the drive. If you can, please take pictures of him in the vehicle in his basket or whatever he pancakes in on the way up. I'd be so excited too to go on a fun holiday journey as you are.

Have a safe and fun time.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by