Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Ok, so we picked the scab and couldn't see much underneath. I'm using the triple antibiotic and using a bandage between soakings. I've got him on a schedule now, spoiled ducky lol. I held him down while my mom was picking at his foot. He had his neck on my shoulder the entire time and he would nibble on my hair occasionally.
1f496.png

Ok, so we picked the scab and couldn't see much underneath. I'm using the triple antibiotic and using a bandage between soakings. I've got him on a schedule now, spoiled ducky lol. I held him down while my mom was picking at his foot. He had his neck on my shoulder the entire time and he would nibble on my hair occasionally.
1f496.png
Sounds like he is in good hands. Must not have been too painful either. Let us know how it looks tomorrow.

I think there is more pus in there.

-Kathy

@casportpony
    what do you recommend to get it out? Other than a vet in case that isn't an option here.

If he were mine I would make the hole on the bottom of the foot larger and check for more pus. If I didn't find more pus there, I would make a hole on the top and look around.

-Kathy

If he were mine I would make the hole on the bottom of the foot larger and check for more pus. If I didn't find more pus there, I would make a hole on the top and look around.

-Kathy
Thanks K, this is sure not for the squeamish . So a sharp scalpel would be needed. Wouldn't there be alot of blood?

-Kathy

Thanks K, this is sure not for the squeamish . So a sharp scalpel would be needed. Wouldn't there be alot of blood?

Items I would have:

Sharp, sterile scalpel
Sterile water or saline
Chlorhexadine or betadine
Gauze pads
Gauze rolls
Vetwrap
Antibiotics
Stypic powder

This is probably not a task for just anyone. Anyone trying it would need to read up on wound care and look at pictures of how vets wrap this sort of wound.

-Kathy

Oh dear, I come back and you guys are planning a huge surgery! Ok, so if I take him to the vet, any idea how much it will cost? Because I'm probably gonna have to pay for this.
1f636.png

Back
Top Bottom