Duck with rare breathing

I’d go for every other day with the vinegar Apple cider kind. When I get back to my computer I’ll get you information on ACV an poultry. As for the noise I am not sure what that is. Although he sure looks healthy. I think someone who has Pekin might help more. All ducks muck their water up fast. @onaharley. @CrystaBub @casportpony I believe also has Pekin? Pato is adorable!

Also because Mr Paris is a Pekin make sure he gets really good nutrition so his legs are strong. They grow so fast they can end up with leg problems. What feed do you use? Try giving him warm water to swim in. Maybe he’d like that better. Swimming is an excellent way to get his leg muscles strong.

Also because Mr Paris is a Pekin make sure he gets really good nutrition so his legs are strong. They grow so fast they can end up with leg problems. What feed do you use? Try giving him warm water to swim in. Maybe he’d like that better. Swimming is an excellent way to get his leg muscles strong.

I usually give it as a feed that I bought that it is crushed corn with something else that I don't know what it is, I also give it granola and oatmeal.
What he likes most and what he usually eats are the grapes, they drive him crazy, but I don't want to give him many because I read that the sugar would end up hurting him, but for now he didn't like anything else: neither green pepper, nor tomato cherry, no date, no lettuce ...
Can sweet corn can they eat? I also want to introduce peas because I read in the forum that they usually like them a lot, can I give him canned peas?

Thank you very much for everything❤️

Comunidad

Canned peas if they contain salt will need to be rinsed well. I’d keep corn as a minimum for now since it’s mainly cabs and he needs more balance since he’s still young and growing. So your feed is for poultry? That will have everything he needs except the right amount of niacin which water fowl need more of than chickens. You can give him human niacin tablets crushed up in his feed or b complex tablets crushed up in his feed. If your in the USA feed stores like Tractor supply carry a liquid b complex that is excellent for water fowl. Just remember treats are just that and should be used that way. So grapes are okay, peas are okay other greens are okay just don’t over do. Corn after 12 weeks of age and then treated like a treat. Your doing great and asking good question which shows us you care a lot about Mr Paris :hugs

Canned peas if they contain salt will need to be rinsed well. I’d keep corn as a minimum for now since it’s mainly cabs and he needs more balance since he’s still young and growing. So your feed is for poultry? That will have everything he needs except the right amount of niacin which water fowl need more of than chickens. You can give him human niacin tablets crushed up in his feed or b complex tablets crushed up in his feed. If your in the USA feed stores like Tractor supply carry a liquid b complex that is excellent for water fowl. Just remember treats are just that and should be used that way. So grapes are okay, peas are okay other greens are okay just don’t over do. Corn after 12 weeks of age and then treated like a treat. Your doing great and asking good question which shows us you care a lot about Mr Paris :hugs

The seller who bought Sr. Pato and gave me the food also had chickens and roosters, so I suppose it will be poultry food.
I read that peas had niacin, would he get the vitamin from there?
Should that (corn) then be your daily meal and occasionally grapes like candy? Since he usually eats a lot of grapes a day because he loves them and I feel sorry to refuse him, but he was getting used to it haha.
What other foods can I give daily as a substitute for the corn mix? Is it okay to give him oatmeal and granola flakes (granola has nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pecan nuts and sunflower and pumpkin seeds)?

And most importantly, then the noise it makes (that of the YouTube video), is it normal? Or can he have a problem?

And yes, in a week I took a lot of love, I feel like a mother duck!

Peas do have some niacin don't think it would be enough to help with leg health though. Here is a list of treats that are safe for ducks. Just be sure once you start feeding anything other than their poultry feed that you offer grit. They need grit to be able to "chew" their feed since they don't have teeth to chew. Just a small bowl close to their reg feed and they use it as needed. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements.242460/

https://poultrykeeper.com/health-suppliments/apple-cider-vinegar/

Last edited:
I think your duck might have a respiratory infection. Can you get any antibiotics?

Or do you have any antibiotics? If so tell us which ones? @SrPato

I think I have antibiotics but for humans.
Is the respiratory infection serious?
What could it take?
I live in Spain, where do you buy antibiotics for ducks?

Jo, right now I feel sad and very worried.

Back
Top Bottom