0ddaudd

Chirping
Jan 10, 2020
Hey! So as I was checking on my birds this morning, I noticed Ellie’s (my female duck) eye is watery. Only one of her eyes is like this. It appears that some of the feathers around her eye are falling out as well (pictured). What could be the cause of this? Flies or bugs? Dirty pool water? She was playing in their pool the day I cleaned it, it wasn't terribly dirty just enough for me to empty it out and refill it. She always has access to clean water and food.
I just thought id ask here before I immediately went to the vet. Any idea of what this could be or any thing I could do for her before I take her to the vet if needed? Thanks !
(I included a picture of her watery eye and her normal other eye for reference)
7DFBF803-E706-445A-A956-2FEF63FBBAC4.jpeg
D14660A9-4565-46C9-AF8E-0E64DFFCE338.jpeg

Do you have any drakes? Drakes can grab skin around the eyes when mating. She may also have an infection going on. Really a vet can give you the best diagnosis.

Yes! I do have one drake. That may be it. But thank you! I’m going to make a vet appointment this week.

If its an infection, cleaning the eye well with saline, and than making sure she has clean water to dunk her head in will help.
Also, yes a drake could be the problem. They can get a little rough sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom