mega

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2017
20170711_235157.png
Collage 2017-07-11 23_49_38.jpg
20170711_235157.png
20170711_235157.png
Collage 2017-07-11 23_49_38.jpg
I have a 4 day old duckling. Her top bill seems to be growing sideways so her mouth is always open. I heard that it is common. I'm concerned because one of her nostrils is sealed shut and the other one has bubbles coming out of it when she breathes. She has been breathing out her mouth a lot. She seems to eat and drink normal. Can she live with this? What can I do at home to help her?

Welcome to BYC! I think as long as she can eat and drink normally she will be okay, though with the defect she might be prone to getting sinus infections. Can you consult with a vet?

View attachment 1073493 View attachment 1073494 View attachment 1073493 View attachment 1073493 View attachment 1073494 I have a 4 day old duckling. Her top bill seems to be growing sideways so her mouth is always open. I heard that it is common. I'm concerned because one of her nostrils is sealed shut and the other one has bubbles coming out of it when she breathes. She has been breathing out her mouth a lot. She seems to eat and drink normal. Can she live with this? What can I do at home to help her?
What was the outcome of this little duckling? I have a week 1/2 ur old duckling who’s the same way.

What was the outcome of this little duckling? I have a week 1/2 ur old duckling who’s the same way.

Found this by looking at their profile and postings​

In the Brooder​

i have 2 pekin ducklings, bonnie and clyde. bonnie is tiny and delicate and is a crossbeak and has breathing and eating issues. i was a mother hen to her, making her life easier. today i was holding them both earlier. clyde jumped over and pushed bonnie off. she fell and we picked her up and watched her struggle and die, nothing we could do. my husband made her a nice grave. i havent stopped crying since and clyde has been super clingy and wont leave our sight. :(

Back
Top Bottom