Duckling Diaries: the Life and Times of a Welshie Trio

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BantyChooks, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG] As long as they can't somehow get their whole bodies in and not be able to get back out, you're good. I'd be more worried that they'll grow too fast and not be able to put their heads in! They just grow too fast. [​IMG]
    I don't know if you still need ideas for a waterer when they outgrow that, but I'll warn you now: do not use a chick waterer! My four 3 wk. olds spilled 1+ gallons of water every day when I used it. It's terribly messy, and because of that, it needs to be refilled often. I replaced their the chick waterer with a 4 quart feed pan with a piece of clean wood floating in the middle, and, although it isn't perfect, I will never go back.
    You're pretty funny yourself. You always bring a smile to my face. [​IMG]
    Good idea! The worrier that I am, I'd be afraid that they'd climb in the bowl and not be able to get back out. But that's just me being paranoid about my ducklings. How long does it take them to outgrow it?

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop
    Babies now
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop

I used a chick water the last time I raised a few ducks..... I swore NEVER AGAIN would I get ducks. Oh, the mess!! :barnie

I have happily proved myself wrong and am living in bliss with the cutest ducks ever. :love
    (I still think the lavender towel makes them cuter.... So there! :gig)
    -Banti

4. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    I have it, and the last thing I want is a cure! Some people think people that have this illness are odd, but, hey, who's normal anyways? Although I might be excessively strange ... [​IMG]
    Caring for more birds helps?! I need more ducks! It's a good excuse, right?
    My dog is the same way. I'm going to have to teach him about the ducks because I want to let them free range a little bit. Training him will be difficult, though.

5. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    So cute!!!!!!!!! I love how the one in the front is looking at you! How old are they now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You crack me up!

6. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop
    5-6 days. :hit

Dontcha mean "quack"? :gig
    -Banti

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  7. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    Right! [​IMG]
    People who don't like ducks have no idea what they are missing out on!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop

Whaaatt?? You mean there are some people that don't want widdle flippywebbers? :eek:
    -Banti

9. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    Yeah, isn't that crazy?!!! I know someone who actually got rid of theirs because they were too messy!!! I couldn't believe it! Ducks are definitely not too messy to love! Now those are the crazy people, not us duck-lovers with Burd-itis!

10. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    X2, I've been trying to get @Scovy Momma to go over to "What is this Duck thinking..." since it started. Her wit and those pics... but it hasn't happened...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by