Duckling Diaries: the Life and Times of a Welshie Trio

Pics
I'd just get some of the play sand from Walmart or Home Depot/Lowes... it's clean and no worries... :)
Thanks!! I'm trying not to kill these burds, thanks so much for flagging me on that.....
Amiga had a brilliant watering station idea that she posted on a different thread. The concept is you put the waterer in the bottom half of a dog/cat crate, so that any water spilled will stay away from the rest of the bedding. I'm only going to have 2 'lings so I'm looking for something I can rig up that will be a similar idea, but on a smaller scale. I noticed the feed store had triangular guinea pig litter boxes that would fit in the corner of the brooder for about $10. If I cant rig something up here, I might consider picking one up.
:thumbsup
Is this their brooder? I'm a worrier and it looks like they could potentially get their little heads stuck.
Yep, I have them under supervision and they can stick their head through but nothing else... Is that okay??? Man, now I'm nervous. :fl I switched brooders to make them friendlier and WOW has it worked!!! They are SO much calmer when they can see me coming.
That's nice and big! And it looks very clean! You don't want to know how disgusting my brooders are; I love having ducks in my room but I won't miss the smell when they leave!!! Maybe sand is a good idea, after all. I use pine shavings, but :sick :sick :sick !!!!!!!!! I have to use a lot to get rid of the smell! Not that pine shavings are bad, but ducks are kind of messy and stinky. I mean, I haven't seen any duckling brooder scented air fresheners.
Yes, it is very easy to keep clean! :lau
That's only because the people at Glade haven't been able to recreate the "earthy, fowly goodness" of duck pewp. They need to perfect it before releasing it to the public. If it's not just right, can you imagine how many un-ducky people out there may get the wrong idea that "ducks stink"?? No,no. It's a good thing they're taking their time with this. They have weighed out the repercussions. As long as they don't get the Jelly Belly people involved...those guys like to make any scent edible...*HURK*
NOOoooo never, ever tell the jelly bean-ers. Just yuk. :sick
:thumbsup :goodpost:
Even better, & I know I'll get a big "NEWP!" from anyone who knows what I'm talking about, but I loved how my ferrets smelled. They were raw fed so it was a clean musky scent but I just loved that smell. ...buuut I also love the smell of tree sap & diesel, so there's that...I might be weird:confused:
Tree sap is good, diesel..... Erm...... Eh... Not so much! -Banti

Last edited:
My waterer:

I'll be changing it frequently as they grow to prevent stuck heads. Look okay? Now I'm nervous, lol.
-Banti

My waterer:

I'll be changing it frequently as they grow to prevent stuck heads. Look okay? Now I'm nervous, lol.
-Banti
OH, CUTE. I can only imagine how cute your 'lings of yellowness fuzziness webs of feets and warmth will look as they drink from it.

Chrissy - your preshis little gurl of softness and charm. LOVE!!!

That's only because the people at Glade haven't been able to recreate the "earthy, fowly goodness" of duck pewp. They need to perfect it before releasing it to the public. If it's not just right, can you imagine how many un-ducky people out there may get the wrong idea that "ducks stink"??
No,no. It's a good thing they're taking their time with this. They have weighed out the repercussions.

As long as they don't get the Jelly Belly people involved...those guys like to make any scent edible...*HURK*
You need to write comedy!!!

OH, CUTE.  I can only imagine how cute your 'lings of yellowness fuzziness webs of feets and warmth will look as they drink from it.  

Chrissy - your preshis little gurl of softness and charm.  LOVE!!!

They are sweet lil gulpers! It is deep enough for them to submerge their nares, so I think I am okay on that? :fl
Duck tape is to protect them and to enhance the yellow Burd effect. :love

That's nice and big! And it looks very clean! You don't want to know how disgusting my brooders are; I love having ducks in my room but I won't miss the smell when they leave!!!
Maybe sand is a good idea, after all. I use pine shavings, but
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
!!!!!!!!! I have to use a lot to get rid of the smell! Not that pine shavings are bad, but ducks are kind of messy and stinky. I mean, I haven't seen any duckling brooder scented air fresheners.
You always make me choke laugh.

I thought those names fit the burd additude so obvious in the shiny eyes! And anytime- That is an adorable name for a soon-to-be-handsome-drakeburd you chose.
big_smile.png

-Banti
WEEBEEP. Thank you Banti. Really. I am honored. Yes. He will be a very handsome fully colored drake maleburd. But for now let's enjoy his fuzz faze.

They are sweet lil gulpers! It is deep enough for them to submerge their nares, so I think I am okay on that?
fl.gif

Duck tape is to protect them and to enhance the yellow Burd effect.
love.gif

AWWWWWWWW - I love you Banti. Thank you. Sweet little precious and very innocent feminine baby bird sitting and posing perfectly still.

Chrissy, you are a very sweet little being. I love you.

I used one of these when the scovy were smaller

& then I cut a hole on the side of a new gas can when they were larger & put the glass bowl in the far end of the gas can. They could put their head in the bowl, splash around in there, & the water only got all inside the gas can. Gas can was easy to remove & pour out the messy water after taking the bowl out.

It kept the splashing & head flinging water mess down since they were indoors.

Back
Top Bottom