Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
I've heard a quack from all the big duckies I believe! Good sign, yes? They're 5 weeks old tomorrow.

Oh, and I think the little duckies may have a niacin deficiency going on, they have shaky legs and seem to sit around more. I started mixing in some nutritional yeast with wet food for them. Anything else I should do?

I've heard a quack from all the big duckies I believe! Good sign, yes? They're 5 weeks old tomorrow.

Oh, and I think the little duckies may have a niacin deficiency going on, they have shaky legs and seem to sit around more. I started mixing in some nutritional yeast with wet food for them. Anything else I should do?
Everybody swears by Durvet's B Complex which an be gotten at TSC. Really wish I could get some in Canada.

Im glad most of them have quacked!

Thats the quack i was hoping for

I hope they are ok, i know many feed what CanadianWind said

Two weeks old today!

Rained a lot last night = tons of pond runoff with tiny fish. Sunny today. Perfect duck conditions.

The last pic attached is Booties, you can barely tell his feet were ever messed up.

Attachments

• 20240326_100531.jpg
    20240326_100531.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240325_175250.jpg
    20240325_175250.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240326_195447.jpg
    20240326_195447.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 7
Also, they're only two weeks old but a couple of the muscovies are dramatically larger than the rest. Could size at this age suggest gender?

I've heard of the foot thing but I honestly can't tell that any of them have relatively larger feet or legs. Hard to judge when, size-wise, one's a stomping t-rex and the other a lithe velociraptor. Like these two.

Attachments

• 20240326_194314.jpg
    20240326_194314.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 7
It's a very good first indicator, yes! Although some females can try to trick us and vice versa, the size difference is usually a good first step.

They looked like they were having so much fun in the water!!!

And little Booties looks fantastic! Good job! 🥰

Two weeks old today!

Rained a lot last night = tons of pond runoff with tiny fish. Sunny today. Perfect duck conditions.

Aww, so cute. Yes those are perfect duck conditions!
The last pic attached is Booties, you can barely tell his feet were ever messed up.
Oh awesome! I'm so glad his feet are normal!

Back
Top Bottom