Duckling severe deformed legs

Desixscheff

In the Brooder
May 9, 2021
Hello everyone I have a 6 week old duckling with severely deformed legs they don't straighten and she's walking on her shanks, she has to be in pain there's no vets that see ducks around here so I been doing all I can she gets scheduled feedings so she doesn't gain weight to fast, she does water therapy 3 times a day and nothing has helped, I bought stuff to make her a wheel chair but I'm not sure how to do it as I don't know if she can even walk properly and before anyone says niacin deficiency she gets niacin every feeding since I got her she was the only one out of 6 to have a deformation
20210421_174652.jpg
20210422_155341.jpg

She gets that already she's in a tote with padding and she has bowl of water next to her at all times and food during feeding times but I am wondering on treatment if I can wrap her legs or how to do a wheel chair

Do you think it might be splay leg? I was giving my ducks niacin but some just needed more. My duckling that started to get splay leg had her legs go out to the sides and eventually started walking less and then had a hard time getting up. I got her the liquid vitamin B complex right away, hobbled her legs into proper position with vet wrap, left that on for several weeks, and she was able to recover. The liquid vitamin B really does wonders and gives the extra boost some ducklings need.

I don't think it is splayed legs she walks on her hocks and can't stretch her legs out properly

Back
Top Bottom