My little girl that needed an extra boost loved her B Complex on some peas. Sometimes I would put peas in a little ramekin and douse in B Complex just to make sure she was getting enough. Then when the peas were gone I just dumped in their waterer since it does not hurt for the others to have some as well. It did wonders for my little nugget.

I am just offering him anything that he will eat. I assume the crumbles have a lot of what he needs but if he won't eat that then I offer him eggs and worms. I figure something is better than nothing. I have been adding a little of the B complex to most everything that he eats hoping that he gets enough. He has gotten a little bit of greens in, nothing significant in that department. He is doing much better though with swallowing. He just eats a tiny bit at a time. He is smaller than his same age peers from another clutch hatched about the same time. His mom and the rest of his siblings disappeared. She was traumatized, apparently, by being put in the coop. Coop training fail for her. Seems as though she was seriously claustrophobic. She may reappear but it has been 4-5 days so I don't hold out much hope. Looks like little Stevie may be an orphan. Not sure how that is going to work. To make matters worse I have to take a week long 1200 mile one way trip in a few days. It looks like Stevie will be joining us. Stevie goes to Texas.
Wondering if we are the only ones that travel with sick farm animals:idunno We took an injured hen with us on a 600 mile roadtrip for a Christmas gathering. What will we do when we get sheep or goats?

My little girl that needed an extra boost loved her B Complex on some peas. Sometimes I would put peas in a little ramekin and douse in B Complex just to make sure she was getting enough. Then when the peas were gone I just dumped in their waterer since it does not hurt for the others to have some as well. It did wonders for my little nugget.
I will see if I have any peas. Maybe that consistency will agree with him.:fl

What a cute duckling!
I don't know much at all about Ducks, so hopefully someone like @Miss Lydia will chime in. I do know ducks need B-vitamins, so that's good. Wry neck is also treated with Vitamin E, but I don't know how much you would give. Poultry Nutri-Drench contains Vitamin E, so you could try that.
That is right about the E. I had to do that last year and I took one of the gel E vitamin capsules, squirted it on his little bill and tried to get him to take some of it. Hard to tell how much he got but I do remember reading that it was good for wry neck. He ended up being fine.

Back
Top Bottom