Duckling with start of angel wing

DuckNana207

Chirping
May 26, 2020
Wisconsin
We have one (maybe 2) ducklings that have slight angel wing. They just started tipping out. We are currently feeding 18% feed with oatmeal mixed (to reduce the protein level) and brewers yeast. We have 6 ducklings, 5 weeks old. The 2 who have AW are both blue swedish. Wondering if anyone has had luck wrapping with vet wrap? And any suggestions for changing their diet?

I prefer to use nutritional yeast over brewers yeast. When doing my research I found a couple places that said nutritional yeast was better, I’m not sure how much better but with my first batch of ducklings this year, the nutritional yeast did perfect.
How much brewers yeast are you giving them?

I prefer to use nutritional yeast over brewers yeast. When doing my research I found a couple places that said nutritional yeast was better, I’m not sure how much better but with my first batch of ducklings this year, the nutritional yeast did perfect.
How much brewers yeast are you giving them?
I have been giving about 4 TBS per cup of feed.

I also am a fan of nutritional yeast.

Here is an article I always refer back to
Niacin Deficiency in Waterfowl

With angel wing, I noticed it with two of my Call Ducklings right as their large wing feathers started to come in. I really did not want to wrap them and found some folks that mentioned they had success with holding their ducklings wings in correct placement for about 30 minutes a day and everything resolved within a short amount of time. With my ducklings, it corrected itself without issue. Their flockmates were nibbling their wing tips because they stuck out and I don't know if that encouraged them to work on the muscles to be able to tuck them properly or if it just happened as they adjusted to the new weight of the feathers. It's really a toss up but I was really hoping to avoid wrapping and luckily I did.

I also am a fan of nutritional yeast.

Here is an article I always refer back to
Niacin Deficiency in Waterfowl

With angel wing, I noticed it with two of my Call Ducklings right as their large wing feathers started to come in. I really did not want to wrap them and found some folks that mentioned they had success with holding their ducklings wings in correct placement for about 30 minutes a day and everything resolved within a short amount of time. With my ducklings, it corrected itself without issue. Their flockmates were nibbling their wing tips because they stuck out and I don't know if that encouraged them to work on the muscles to be able to tuck them properly or if it just happened as they adjusted to the new weight of the feathers. It's really a toss up but I was really hoping to avoid wrapping and luckily I did.
Thank you... I will try that for a few days to see if there is any improvement. Any ideas where to find nutritional yeast?

Back
Top Bottom