Ducklings found help identifying

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
My sil found these 2 babies in her drive way and got them before the cat did. She looked around for the mama and could not find her so she put them under a light and called me to see if i could take them. And i could not say no to a baby. My first thought is wood duck but im not sure. Any guesses. Their tail feathers like a fan, they have long sleander beaks and they can jump high up. Oh and they are very loud.

BENCH061.jpg

BENCH063.jpg

almost positive they are mergansers
I found the same picture as sundownwaterfowl but they say merganser
hu.gif
do a image search on hooded merganser ducklings

Oh, wow. I just looked up "hooded meranser duck" and I found out the kind of ducks I saw on my mother's pond! When I saw them a crept back to the house to get the camera but they saw be sneaking back and flew off before I could snap a pic. I was so very dissapointed.

I know it sounds bad, but why can't some abandoned ducklings wander my way? LOL. People are showing all these pics of some they found and they are all adoreable!

-Kim

Does any one know how to raise these little ones. They have no intrest in the food. I gave them water and starter feed and dipped thier beaks in it. They are scared and very defensive. I try to pick them up and they peck at my hands.

Back
Top Bottom