Ducklings hatched out but some yolk sac is not absorbed and starting to turn red please help!!

Quacker lovah

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014
My duckling is on his third day hatching and is out of the egg now after a long assisted hatch period but has an unabsorbed egg yolk still attached, I saw it this morning and left him in the bator on a warm wet cloth but it dosent appear as though any has absorbed and the yolk sac looks a bit more redder then the yellowy range as it was this morn.
Iv read that you can tie and snip the yolk sac off, do you think I should or should I leave him alone for a bit more?
I so don't know what to do? I really want him to survive but hes not up and moving about hes just laying on his side in the bator. He lifts his head and peeps and lifts his wings but iv not seen him stand at all.

My duckling is on his third day hatching and is out of the egg now after a long assisted hatch period but has an unabsorbed egg yolk still attached, I saw it this morning and left him in the bator on a warm wet cloth but it dosent appear as though any has absorbed and the yolk sac looks a bit more redder then the yellowy range as it was this morn.
Iv read that you can tie and snip the yolk sac off, do you think I should or should I leave him alone for a bit more?
I so don't know what to do? I really want him to survive but hes not up and moving about hes just laying on his side in the bator. He lifts his head and peeps and lifts his wings but iv not seen him stand at all.

What ever came of your little duck ?

Ngaww Andrea my sweet little duckling didn't make it.. I gave up on incubating the eggs too traumatic losing the babies, So I left it Mummy Duck and she hatched out 3 of the hundred plus eggs but suffocated them. Good news is after the first lengthy lay in winter, the warmer weather arrived & she had a couple weeks off then laid a perfect amount of 14 eggs of which she hatched 11 beautiful Quackerbabies :)
They are 3 weekds old now and heres a photo :) <3

Ngaww Andrea my sweet little duckling didn't make it.. I gave up on incubating the eggs too traumatic losing the babies, So I left it Mummy Duck and she hatched out 3 of the hundred plus eggs but suffocated them. Good news is after the first lengthy lay in winter, the warmer weather arrived & she had a couple weeks off then laid a perfect amount of 14 eggs of which she hatched 11 beautiful Quackerbabies :)
They are 3 weekds old now and heres a photo :) <3
Beautiful family, Congrats!!

i'm so sorry for your loss, when the sac turns red thats blood seeping into it. :( just for if you have another problem, even though i'm pretty sure somebody else already told you. Again i'm so sorry that the little guy didn't make it :(

Back
Top Bottom