Ducks and Paint

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
So, I was thinking about using my ducklings in my painting project.

What do i need to look for in the paint to make sure it is ducky safe? I just want their foot prints. I was thinking a light back ground and then take my ducks at different ages and let them run over the canvas in dark paint.

tempura, or poster paint... do not use anything with oil or acrylic... water color or gauche paint's should be okay too.

I have plenty of watercolor but im still experimenting with it. Im glad you warned me about acryllic since that is my favorite medium. Ill have to look around when i go shopping. I was just going to have a glob or paints and dunk their feet in then let my dog "herd" them around the canvas. Or I could just scootch them so they dont get tempted to try and eat it.

Poster paint would probably work better than water colors. I would think anything safe for kids would be safe for ducks.

Those boxes of 12 little jars of kids paint from crayols. Thats what I used with my rats
thumbsup.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lol

finger paint. Its thick enough that it would make a good mark on the canvas, but def ducky safe. I use it with my kiddos all the time. Non toxic incase it looks good enough to eat.

Quote:
along with some other surprises
smile.png
i should be ready to send them out this week!

celebrate.gif
OH MY GEEZ!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom