Ducks are testing my patience!!!

Pics
My duckling has a very big hole in the egg and he spears to be pushing his head and he keeps cracking the egg I’m so worried about assisting to early because the yolk sac he can breathe so I’m gonna leave him till it’s been 40 hours then I’ll start to chip away more shell but have you guys ever had one hatch without absorbing the yolk sac completely if u did what did u do
He pushed out himself about an hour ago and there’s just a little open wound the yolk was fully absorbed it just needs to heal but what should I do to prevent infection im going to get antibiotic ointment without pain reliever tomorrow morning since it’s 8 pm and the pharmacies are closed

My duckling has a very big hole in the egg and he spears to be pushing his head and he keeps cracking the egg I’m so worried about assisting to early because the yolk sac he can breathe so I’m gonna leave him till it’s been 40 hours then I’ll start to chip away more shell but have you guys ever had one hatch without absorbing the yolk sac completely if u did what did u do
He pushed out himself about an hour ago and there’s just a little open wound the yolk was fully absorbed it just needs to heal but what should I do to prevent infection im going to get antibiotic ointment without pain reliever tomorrow morning since it’s 8 pm and the pharmacies are closed
I really am not the person to ask! But that sounds like a good first step?

I can see a little triangle shaped shadow when I shine the light on the air cell from outside the incubator. I’m hoping this is the beak trying to break into the air cell. I’ve lost so many. I’m on my last 2 so I’m hoping they both make it. They were both wiggling this morning. I noticed whilst I was staring at them for an hour 😭😩
This feel longer than my pregnancy
The difference is we had to do all the work..... and the pain omg the pain....

Back
Top Bottom