Ducks run help please!

Sandrews2015

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2019
We have 2 ducks and we have them in a seperate run for themselves beside the chickens...have their feeder...water and a little kiddie pool out there (just on flat ground in the grass) and all around the pool is just a damn mess from the mud and poop and they just trample in it ! What can we do or put around it to help with this ? Thank you!

I totally understand what you're saying. We now free range our ducks and they only go in at night, and even then they don't always want to do that.
When they were penned up in a run we tried to keep the food up higher and away from the water.
Ducks are very messy but completely adorable :love
You will have to clean the rocks almost daily or they start to stink, I put mine down last week and they have disappeared under the mud
Well the poop under the rocks will already stink it smells bad right there now lol

I totally understand what you're saying. We now free range our ducks and they only go in at night, and even then they don't always want to do that.
When they were penned up in a run we tried to keep the food up higher and away from the water.
Ducks are very messy but completely adorable :love
They are adorable ! Pretty funny to watch but I definitely dont think we could let them free range...they dont have an actual "coop" they go in at night they have an enclosed space under our chicken coop we have straw under there for them to get under there if they want but they honestly hang out in the run in the grass or the water most of the time

Mine do fine, they probably are the ones making them disappear into the ground.

This is the beginning of spring, I have to go get a couple bags and the pool has hay in it for the winter--they have their pool back now

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom