Ducks Running Away

RoseUrsem

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
I have 2 pekin ducks that I have hand raised and incubated. They are now around 7 months old. I have one boy and one girl.
I went away on holiday a couple weeks ago and since then they haven't been around very much. They are free range and haven't been laying in the coop, coming into the coop at night or hanging around like they used to.
I found their nest so collected all their eggs from it, but now I think they have made a new one somewhere else? My worry is that they will have ducklings.....
The day before yesterday I managed to catch them and put them in their coop and made an extension off it so they could walk around. They stayed in there until today when they managed to escape. I haven't seen them since.

I would really appreciate some help to get my ducks back laying and sleeping where they used to!
Thank you all so much!
Rose
thumbsup.gif

It sounds like when you were on holiday they got out of the old ways to go into the coop at night. I would try my best at a certain time each evening to get them to go back inside their coop. You might need help with doing this. If they get back in the habit of going inside they will do it each evening. For their own pretection you need to lock them up so they are safe from predators. Good luck with this.

Back
Top Bottom