Ducks sniffing/sneezing/huffing?

MolliMonster99

Songster
Jul 22, 2021
I have a group of runner ducks, a mix of males and females. Today my partner was playing with one of the females, Storm, when she started making this huffing sound? It was like the sound dogs make when they are playing. All the other ducks started to join in with this noise. Is this a cause for concern? Or is this just a form of communication? Thanks!

I have Runners and I’m not sure the sound your talking about, can you put up a video? You’ll need to load it on YouTube or Vimeo or other platform then copy and I paste here. :welcome

I have Runners and I’m not sure the sound your talking about, can you put up a video? You’ll need to load it on YouTube or Vimeo or other platform then copy and I paste here. :welcome

I will try and get a video of the sound for you! It sounds sort of like a sneeze too, but I will definitely try to capture the sound.

I hear many noises from my Runners just want to make sure what your hearing is normal
Hey, just a quick update! My ducks haven't made their little sneezy noise lately, but my males... Burp? I do have a video of it, but it's 3 seconds long. I didn't actually film the one that did it, but you can hear it in the background. When the boys do this, they go down low and then sort of wiggle upwards, like the burp is travelling up them? It sounds silly, I know. At first it was just the one boy, but now they're all at it!

Back
Top Bottom