Ducky DO'S & DON'TS

Pics
This is my favorite waterer for ducks. It does not backwash their muck back into the bucket. Every other waterer i have gets dirty inside too. This one stays clean inside. Just refill and go.

Looks plastic... I assume it can't be used in winter?

Had one for the chickens last year, but switched to a heated one for winter. Will see how the winter goes with the ducks using one this year. Gonna try it on a heat plate if it does freeze. It's pretty heavy plastic. (probably not heavy enuf for your winters tho lol)

Had one for the chickens last year, but switched to a heated one for winter. Will see how the winter goes with the ducks using one this year. Gonna try it on a heat plate if it does freeze. It's pretty heavy plastic. (probably not heavy enuf for your winters tho lol)
Yeah, no, lol. Sometimes daytime temps don't see 0*F for quite a bit. For most of the rest of the winter, though, it's single digits... still freezes the rubber bowls solid in hours.
I keep hoping I'll find a better watering solution one day but so far the framing around a bowl is the best thing I've found....

Or I could move south for the winter :wee

Last edited:
I left a post regarding my question, but...... My wife and I rescued two male ducklings. They are five months old and have begun aggressive and painful mating behavior. My wife and I need to know if this is atypical behavior and......well, it hurts. Frankly, our place might not be the best place for these ducks anyway. We just need to know. Thanks.....
You have a few options depending on what outcome your wanting. You can try a re home, sell, trade on the forums here. You can try craigslist to sell or give away. The last option you can also try is a duck reserve near you.

I love this photo!

“Are you my mama?”
“I don’t think so kid.”
:lol:
Ha!
Love the pictures! So adorable! Now I’m just dying to get my ducks, I can’t wait until spring!
How many are you getting? Ducks are grand fun, you'll be over the moon when you get them. :thumbsup

Yeah, no, lol. Sometimes daytime temps don't see 0*F for quite a bit. For most of the rest of the winter, though, it's single digits... still freezes the rubber bowls solid in hours.
I keep hoping I'll find a better watering solution one day but so far the framing around a bowl is the best thing I've found....

Or I could move south for the winter :wee

Prior years, I used the galvanized 2 or 3 gallon, on the galvanized heated base. Worked like a charm. I just hate replacing them every year, they get so nasty.

Back
Top Bottom