Due the 22nd? Hatch with me!

Yep I set 20 or 30 so eggs under my broody hens and they are due mostly the 22nd and some on the 23rd. Although after I sorted the goods and the bads I dont think I have 30 any more but still between 17 and 20 some.

My chicks were due to hatch on the 22nd but the first one popped out this evening (5/20). They are super tiny mixed breed bantams. I'm no expert but the dad looks like some kind of rosecomb and the moms are extreemly small, possibly from some fighting breed bantam.

came home from work at 4am and I have a pip! It's bloody though! UHHH!!

The chick is peeping loud and seems to be trying to zip! Gosh I hope its ok.
any sugesstions?

Tsa - Don't open the 'bator and let it do its thing. If you try to help, it's likely that you'll do more harm than good at this point..

I still have nothing. I am slowly seeing that 0% hatch rate come into view..
sad.png

Ok---Hey you guys!!! I would've updated earlier but the chick had mad no progress before I went to work yesterday. Last night I got home and it had completely hatched. No other pips though. I'm so glad your birds are ok GEG!!! NOW PIP DANG EGGS!
big_smile.png

cute pic sel!!

I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bloody pip baby is not making any progress just a big hole. Not really peeping anymore but moving its beak.

I will not touch it...it just sucks for me. LOL!

There is one other small pip and thats it. Day 21 here! Uhh this is so nerve wracking.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

We're hatching today apparently. I totally spaced on what breeds they are but I've got some turkeys who are pipping now and a mixed lot of chicks from the April swap all due in the next couple of days. Love to watch those turkey eggs rockin' and rollin'.

Back
Top Bottom