Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Ju
st put up sings danger live African bees!!!

Or snakes and scorpions, both or which are true, right? I love all these ideas though. Spikey grass, beware lol or just get a guard dog lol

Here's a thought, on the new fence.  Hang some signs on it warning about poison ivy in the area.  That should help to keep the riff-raff out of there.  

Turkeys make a lot of noise when there are strangers, as will geese. Being chased by either isn't fun. Guard dogs might be bought off with treats(mine is) but an angry bird is not going to be so deterred. As to those of us in the millennial generation? Well, I was raised to be a critical thinker, to empathize, and to learn to argue properly without resorting to acusitory statements, so I'd say I'm doing better than a good majority of my peers. Schools these days aren't designed to teach these things effectively, and what with the single mindedness of teacher's unions, the gearing of education strictly to pass tests, and the nanny state mentality, most kids are taught that someone is always going to take care of them no matter what. And with how things were going, it seemed they were right. I'm not sure where things are going with the current cultural clash unfolding before us, but I can say the lines are already drawn, and our country faces a battle of Will's to win the hearts and minds of the future, and that our children are what's at stake.

Very true, I hadn't thought of that. Get some turkeys or geese then! Or maybe guineas would be better? Seems they're more a wild type and could forage in the field without needing much if any feed or supplements or a pond?

Although theoretically shouldn't the dog not be able to be bought off? Although dogs love food. And also I guess a mentally stable dog should never attack somebody who's not doing anything wrong so I guess if these people truly are "just walking their dog" or "just taking pictures" or whatever, the dog should know not to attack so that might not work. Angry birds are definitely better haha

And before anyone thinks I'm saying their behavior is OK, allow me to clarify.

Humans doing something wrong look, act, SMELL, like they are doing something wrong and dogs can detect this. And it's like a glaring sign. Dogs just know this stuff and know when something is "off" with somebody. Soooo.....

Even if trespassing is technically wrong to US, to a dog it might be just some kids walking around or whatever, see?

So maybe they could be bought off by these nice humans with food but couldn't be bought by a human truly doing something wrong? One could hope.

BUT.

In this instance, you don't want a dog determining between good human and bad humans, you want NO humans, so yet another reason why your suggestion of angry birds and the extra signage might be better lol

Turkeys make a lot of noise when there are strangers, as will geese. Being chased by either isn't fun. Guard dogs might be bought off with treats(mine is) but an angry bird is not going to be so deterred. As to those of us in the millennial generation? Well, I was raised to be a critical thinker, to empathize, and to learn to argue properly without resorting to acusitory statements, so I'd say I'm doing better than a good majority of my peers. Schools these days aren't designed to teach these things effectively, and what with the single mindedness of teacher's unions, the gearing of education strictly to pass tests, and the nanny state mentality, most kids are taught that someone is always going to take care of them no matter what. And with how things were going, it seemed they were right. I'm not sure where things are going with the current cultural clash unfolding before us, but I can say the lines are already drawn, and our country faces a battle of Will's to win the hearts and minds of the future, and that our children are what's at stake.
Absolutely correct. These kids have never had to actually deal with the consequences of failure. They didn't have to do chores to earn an allowance. They have been rewarded for no effort their entire lives. Why put it the effort for first place when everybody gets the same ribbon/award. In high school, they are taught to parrot the right answers. If they jump through the right hoops, they get praised as being some sort of genius. Then they get to college it gets even worse. They study things like liberal arts, which has no practical application to any sort of career, and wonder why the can't get jobs when they graduate. Or they think they are too smart to start at the bottom and work their way up. A cashier job at the local fast food chain is beneath them, they'd rather mooch off of relatives than demean themselves with that sort of job.

Back
Top Bottom