Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

So to add to the helping yourself talk I have to add a story.

We got new neighbors when I was growing up. A few years later the wife's grandmother passed away and they decided that they would bury her in the field that borders my parents property. My uncle also owns property that connects to the burial site. They told the hearse driver to go to my uncles property at the end of the road and drive through the field. A field with cows on private property. My uncle found the driver taking down the electric fence.
Wow. Just... wow.

Wow! You guys had a lot to say this weekend & I've enjoyed reading every bit of it! It was a tough weekend trying to straighten out the fence where it had been smashed down to the ground. We did the best we could & since fireworks are illegal & blackberries don't grow very well out here, we planted some bougainvillea bushes along the fence line. They are beautiful, need very little water & have long, vicious thorns on them.

As much as I dislike confrontation, there are so many reasons why you cant have people trespassing on your property. Most of you guys already know this, but for the few of you who haven't experienced it yet, allowing strangers to trespass on private property opens you up to lawsuits if that person gets hurt while on your property. Here, our road is on a hill, badly rutted, inhabited by snakes, scorpions, hoards of Black Widow & Wolf spiders, is pitch black at night & has a few of the neighbors dogs running loose... Its a lawsuit waiting to happen if we didn't post signs & shoo people off. Over the years more than a few of the neighbors have been hurt (being knocked down by a dog, falling on the road, breaking ankles, cracking their head open, being hit by a car, being bit by dogs & poisonous spiders, etc...) If any of these things had happened to a trespassing stranger, me & my neighbors would be in big legal trouble. In addition, a dark culdesac with no street lights, right next to a field is a dream come true to people who are up to no good. For the first few years after we moved here, we spent every weekend cleaning up newly dumped piles of fast food trash, empty alcohol bottles. ashtrays full of cigarette butts, dirty underwear, used condoms & I swear to you, even tampons kicked out on my driveway. It was DISGUSTING!!! We have dealt with dozens of people smoking pot, dealing drugs, breaking into cars, gang graffiti & 12yr old boys lighting stuff on fire in my bushes. Believe me when I tell you that reminding people they are trespassing is not something that I want to do, It is something that I have to do.

I never thought of all the potential problems.... I'm too nice, I'm like "what would walking their dog hurt?" Lol when you put it like that, it makes a lot of sense.... i think I'd be scared at night by random people too.

Although i dont get how they can sue. They can here too but it never made sense to me. Maybe if you didn't have a no trespassing sign or invited them or whatever but if you have a sign, especially multiple clear signs, and they do it anyway, aren't they at fault?

So to add to the helping yourself talk I have to add a story.

We got new neighbors when I was growing up. A few years later the wife's grandmother passed away and they decided that they would bury her in the field that borders my parents property. My uncle also owns property that connects to the burial site. They told the hearse driver to go to my uncles property at the end of the road and drive through the field. A field with cows on private property. My uncle found the driver taking down the electric fence.

Wow. Just... wow.

I agree, that's just... wow.

Actually my driveway is cut through about an acre of blackberry (personally would rather not have it, but it's unavoidable here).  It does make a great fence except it is constant maintenance.  From spring through fall I spend far more time cutting it back than any other outdoor activity.  And once you've cut back several hundred feet of blackberry, you realize... you get to do it all again, because it's already growing back! :(

My grandmother has a cattle ranch and has the same problem. She uses goats and an excavator to keep hers under control. Works great. Especially when her neighbors decided to grow a secret pot garden in the middle of them. She dug out all the surroubding bushes and the plants were gone the next day

When I had a flock of roosters (5 roos, and the hen I thought was a roo) they would run around like a pack of velociraptors. Ran up to anyone in the yard for food. Scared the bejeezus out of everyone from neighbors to the UPS guy. Hilarious... People use our ditch to throw away garbage and tons of disgusting things, and in the winter have nearly run over kids (who were sledding in it with our permission) driving recklessly on snowmobiles. I've thought of making a fake 'cat got run over' scene with food dyes and a stuffed animal, and screaming at them, but I've not yet had the time. Nearly got run over taking my dog for a walk on a STATE PARK TRAIL where NO MOTOR VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED! Some people...

Last edited:
Was up in Tennessee hunting on my parents land 66 acres and I was sitting next to a tree and two shots wrangler out and hit the tree where I was at it was two hunters pochingbon private property so I slipped off my orange vest ( was what they were shooting at) and laid a shot over their head into a tree knowing I wouldn't hit them they started kissing and shooting at me well I snuck around where they had parked their truck also on my property so I lit in on the truck shot it up good!! Well they found the truck called the law and then when the police were there they claimed I was crazy shooting at them! When they were ask about the property they claimed they had permission! Well guess what my name was also on the deed to the property and I was the only one allowed to hunt there they lost the truck and 30 days in jail and the officers said to them be glad he didn't file assault charges!

When I had a flock of roosters (5 roos, and the hen I thought was a roo) they would run around like a pack of velociraptors. Ran up to anyone in the yard for food. Scared the bejeezus out of everyone from neighbors to the UPS guy. Hilarious... People use our ditch to throw away garbage and tons of disgusting things, and in the winter have nearly run over kids (who were sledding in it with our permission) driving recklessly on snowmobiles. I've thought of making a fake 'cat got run over' scene with food dyes and a stuffed animal, and screaming at them, but I've not yet had the time. Nearly got run over taking my dog for a walk on a STATE PARK TRAIL where NO MOTOR VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED! Some people...

Wow ridiculous! You could probably report them to the park people. Course they probably wouldn't find them but it might at least cause them to investigate.

Was up in Tennessee hunting on my parents land 66 acres and I was sitting next to a tree and two shots wrangler out and hit the tree where I was at it was two hunters pochingbon private property so I slipped off my orange vest ( was what they were shooting at) and laid a shot over their head into a tree knowing I wouldn't hit them they started kissing and shooting at me well I snuck around where they had parked their truck also on my property so I lit in on the truck shot it up good!! Well they found the truck called the law and then when the police were there they claimed I was crazy shooting at them! When they were ask about the property they claimed they had permission! Well guess what my name was also on the deed to the property and I was the only one allowed to hunt there they lost the truck and 30 days in jail and the officers said to them be glad he didn't file assault charges!

Wow what a bunch of crazy fools! Why would they shoot at you? To try eliminate the evidence/witnesses of them poaching??

Back
Top Bottom