Duplex pens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ga_goat, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    built a duplex pen , shared chicken house ( divided ) and 2 pens 20 x 24 ft each 1side is finished except for the door to the house and the paint is drying on it to go on tomorrow , probably finish the second side in 3 or 4 weeks . used an old dog/cat tote for a nest box and put it at the top of the roost with the door through the back wall so it can be serviced from outside .
    these 2 new pens gives me 5 pens w/houses all with doors to close up at nite . the houses ( coops) are 6 ft x 8 ft each .

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    LOL
    Love your sig line!

Pictures, please! Sounds cool!

3. ga_goat

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    never had much luck with pics but here goes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Hey, ga-goat. I lived in Valdosta from 1981 - 1993. Worked at the Levi's plant. I sure miss your winters.

5. ga_goat

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    I miss the levi plant , it along with 12 or 15 other sewing plants went to mexico with the nafta treaty , my wife also worked there she was the first one hired for the new plant in the industrial plant location .

6. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    That is a classic look to your coop...old timey, rustic Americana (not the BREED!)! I have several pallets and planks gathered over the last few months and think I will try to emulate your design. It is simple yet functional, and I especially like the nestbox and it's accessibility.

Great Job!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Your coop and run looks really cool - which you need for those hot steamy nights. [​IMG]

8. ga_goat

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    Quote:I am in the real estate repair busisness and the siding is / was an old deck I had to replace on a house at a lake that is a rental , I get a lot of that kind of stuff .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by