Dutch Hookbill Hatch!

OMG! I think i will explode! 💥💥💥
I just routinely looked in the local Craigslist-page for duck eggs - just check for competitors - when i stumbled upon this: [ https://swv.craigslist.org/grd/d/freeman-duck-hatching-eggs-dutch/7292951191.html ]
1618185417295.png
Clicked on this and now my day is ruined!!!

1618185588462.png
That SOB is crossbreeding Dutch Hookbills with Barnyard surprise ducks and selling the eggs. I am loosing it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is exactly the reason why i don't have Hookbill ducks now, despite having received a couple of offers! I cannot accommodate two separate flocks of ducks at the moment and crossbreeding a rare endangered breed with other breeds is exactly the reason why this breed became rare and endangered! This offer sounds exactly like a duckling mill!

@Pyxis if you look at those ducks, do they really look like Hookbills? Those three mallard colored drakes maybe, but definitely not clean bread…

@Pyxis if you look at those ducks, do they really look like Hookbills? Those three mallard colored drakes maybe, but definitely not clean bread…

I see one snowy drake that does have a hookbill. The drake next to him seems to have a very slight hookbill.

Hookbills do come in all colors, though, and there are various degrees of bill curvature. So, maybe. But also maybe not.

Last edited:
I raise and sell dutch hookbill hatching eggs if anyone is interested!

Where'd your stock come from? Do you have pictures? I'd especially love to see the iconic bibbed hookbills, if you have them. The bibbing gene that they have is recessive bibbing, and it's different from the bibbing commonly seen on breeds like black swedish, so I think it's very cool. It's been in the breed for forever, and even the earliest illustrations of them depict them with the bibs.

The person I got mine from has lots and lots of bibbed ones, so I'm hopeful some of mine will have the bib. She also has snowies and whites, and some that appear to be light phase. Even bibbed snowies! That's the other fun thing about the breed, how many colors it comes in.

Back
Top Bottom