E Locus of Isabella Brahmas??

e^b/e^b partridge/brown
So you replied the other day on my other genetic question. Would breeding the e+/e+ to the Brahma (e^b/e^b) result in a better genetic match? I have a e+/e+ that I’m wanting to introduce lavender to.

so breeding the e+ to the Isabella brahma, would that give me better chances than 1/32 for getting what I’m wanting?

What were you trying to create? What do you have to work with?
Was the thread about isabelle with mahogany or a different one?

Yeah it was that one. I want to recreate the champagne Welsummer’s. From what I understood, they used e+/e+ (Welsummer) and an E/E for the lavender. And that was terrible odds. I’m trying to think, surely there’s an easier way to recreate them. I couldn’t find them from the original breeder, they seem to have disappeared entirely.

Leghorns and welsummer both have white shell genes. Welsummer just has all the brown genes added. You would have to breed to get the dark brown back to where it needs to be.

Piggy backing this thread.. if it's okay with the OP since it's lavender/Isabella questions.

I'm attempting to create Isabella laced Wyandottes... and haven't figured out if there would be a more accurate description yet.. such as blue cream laced, porcelain laced, etc.

I currently have lavender in both genders, Gold laced females, and blue laced red females.

Please if you have the time and energy share each generation suggested outcomes or crosses to get where I wish to go. TIA for supporting all the newbee (hopeful) geneticists like myself. It's valued input/feedback. :highfive:

Piggy backing this thread.. if it's okay with the OP since it's lavender/Isabella questions.

I'm attempting to create Isabella laced Wyandottes... and haven't figured out if there would be a more accurate description yet.. such as blue cream laced, porcelain laced, etc.

I currently have lavender in both genders, Gold laced females, and blue laced red females.

Please if you have the time and energy share each generation suggested outcomes or crosses to get where I wish to go. TIA for supporting all the newbee (hopeful) geneticists like myself. It's valued input/feedback. :highfive:
I’d recommend that you call them lavender laced. It’s simple and accurate.
Are you trying to make lavender laced silvers, lavender laced reds, or lavender laced golds?

Back
Top Bottom