Early hatcher has an issues!

Crazy Duck Lover

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Southern United States 🇺🇸
This guy hatched at around 7:30am. I just woke up (8:13am) and noticed a red bubble on his butt. He’s trying to move around, but it looks like there’s still blood vessels connected to him. I’ve never had this happen to me! What do I do!?
13B81F82-CFF1-4B22-9A13-6F244DD298C6.jpeg

Time will tell I’m sure. Not much you can do but keep an eye on it. It might fix itself or it might die. Neosporin is pretty much all you can do.
Wow… okay. Today he is much better. The mass has gotten smaller and he’s much more active/alert/talkative. I’m using a saline rinse then applying a triple antibiotic

I have learned that! I’m just grateful he’s doing okay! While we wait for it to fall off, should he stay separated in a sterile environment? The last thing I want is for him to acquire an infection that spreads.
He's gonna need company. Regular cleanings of the brooder should be sufficient. Also if you feel like it's needed, cleaning the area on the bird if you're worried.

Is there any telling how long it will take to fall off? Also, just checked on him and saw this fluid. Is it just poop?View attachment 2962752
I would keep any eye and see if any wet draining spots, if it were a chick it would be a bit wet for them but not sure about a duckling, sure is a cute wee poppet tho!

Back
Top Bottom