Easiest Plant To Grow

Easiest plant to grow?

• Total voters
It depends on where you live (climate, soil type, local insects, and various other factors.)

Potatoes, beans, and squash can all be easy in some places, and hard in others.

I don't have enough experience with cucumbers to know about them.

I haven't found tomatoes to be easy (the fruits keep splitting open just before they got ripe), but that might mean I wasn't living in the "right" place for them.

I would not choose carrots as "easiest" to grow in any conditions I have yet encountered. They have tiny seeds, germinate slowly, and then the seedlings are tiny and fragile for quite a while.

I would have to say potatoes, because they went feral and just started planting themselves, no matter how hard we tried to get that last one out of the ground.

I think everything except carrots have been easy for us to grow, but that is because it was hard for me to keep the seeds watered as much as they needed since my garden is up the hill from my house. If your carrots are out your door, it would probably seem easy.

In my area leaf lettuce with an insect screen over it is easiest. I am talking about this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Netting-Barr...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795277134408&psc=1

I grow carrots in pots. I sift the soil and mix in some slow release fertilizer. The soil needs to be very loose and keep them watered.

Strawberries do very very well in raised beds with manure stirred in before planting. They are hungry plants.

Where I live it's clay...all hard clay. Raised beds were a huge game changer for me.

Back
Top Bottom