Easter Egger’s first egg!

Update: her second egg. Looks like a blueish cast when outside, but inside more a pinky gray.

View attachment 2392548
View attachment 2392549
Compared to my other eggs. And I thought my Pearl Star Leghorn has light eggs! Next after PSL is Plymouth Blue Rock with chalky light brown eggs. Then Isa brown with terra cotta brown. Then Mystic Marans with speckled brown eggs.
That's so pretty. Bloomtastic! So maybe the first speckles were her bloom warming up? I think this happened with one of our Langshans. In the beginning, she alternated laying eggs like your Mystic Marans one day and completely pink other days. I posted about it if you want to see pics: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...shans-show-me-your-eggs.1395153/post-23120355

This thread's moving in many directions--I'm just here for EE egg pics :)

<Edit because I wasn't clear about how much our first Langshan alternated colors when she first started laying. It was brown speckled/pink/brown speckled/pink for a month before settling on pink.>

I think Queenie is gorgeous and her egg is perfect! Fit for a queen! Great video, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! She is probably my favorite. She is named appropriately because as a chick, if you put your hand in the brooder, she would immediately puff up her chest and come peck you. It of course didn't hurt at all, and was quite comical. Fast forward to now, a ~27 week old pullet, and my neighbors (who have had chickens for decades) text me: "Just saw your white chicken chase a squirrel up a tree. Never seen that before." She is the Queen!

She is so docile now that she is laying. I hope she doesn't get picked on! Selfishly I want her to continue her reign!

Where I live they don’t sell EE, they only sell Aracauna’s. The owners claim they always lay green and blue eggs.
If they are pure breed they will, if crossed with a brown egg layer they'd be called EE's.

There are only white and blue shells.

Brown eggs have brown coating on white shells.

Green eggs have brown coating on blue shells.

The brown coating can be very light or very dark, and can vary day to day.

Then the bloom can add another aspect to the egg color.

Pink/purplish eggs are from the bloom on a brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom