Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Any guesses on these? They are roughly 4 and 6 weeks old. I know its still early but thought I'd ask :D. Thanks!

Pullet or Roo? Half of the pullets we got have started crowing. This one hasn't... yet.

Quote: Oooo, 10 weeks is a tough call. I'm leaning toward pullet because I don't see any saddle feathers, but it might be a little early for them. The comb is pretty pink, but silver birds seem to pink up faster, soooo, yeah, umm... not sure. Looks like a pullet to me, but in another week, it might look different. Could be a slowly developing cockerel. Hope you get some other opinions. Love to see an update in a week or two.

Any guesses on these? They are roughly 4 and 6 weeks old. I know its still early but thought I'd ask
big_smile.png
. Thanks!

Sorry Mr. Beaks. Too early on the first one. Nothing stands out as being obviously cockerel for either at this point. Love the feathering on the wyandotte type. That one has a very pale face/comb for 6 weeks, so leaning toward pullet.

Any guesses on these? They are roughly 4 and 6 weeks old. I know its still early but thought I'd ask :D . Thanks!
Sorry Mr. Beaks. Too early on the first one. Nothing stands out as being obviously cockerel for either at this point. Love the feathering on the wyandotte type. That one has a very pale face/comb for 6 weeks, so leaning toward pullet.
Yeah, I kinda thought it'd be too soon but had to try. :) Thanks for the compliment on Ollie! (DD is naming them all after super heroes.) We thought we read something about b&w EE's being male in most cases but I could be confusing that with something else :/. Anyway, thanks a million for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Here is our 8-9 week old EE. I really thought she was a she until reading this thread, now her red coloring (feathers) is making we wonder about her!! She has absolutely NO pink or red in her comb. What do you guys think? And please explain why! Thanks-

Here is our 8-9 week old EE. I really thought she was a she until reading this thread, now her red coloring (feathers) is making we wonder about her!! She has absolutely NO pink or red in her comb. What do you guys think? And please explain why! Thanks-

Pullet. Why? Because 1) her comb is still small and pale (if she was a rooster than it would most likely be puffy and red by now) 2) her body shape and legs are very petite and pullet-ish, and 3) while she is red, she is no where near red enough to be ''rooster red'' which is more of a deep mahogany red, (see photos below) and her color is very even and not patchy like a rooster would be.

Example of ''rooster red''

Cockerel comb. This rooster was only a week or two old. Note how red the comb is already.

Hope this helps.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom