Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hen or roo? 9 weeks
Looks like my pullet the same age.

Hi everyone,
It has been a couple of weeks now since I posted pictures of two EEs that I am confused about, the other I think is a pullet, this one still has me confused. No rooster behaviour, comb is pinker that the known pullets but not as red as the other roosters and it has the red on its wings. It is around 8 weeks.

Sorry about the terrible pictures!

Hi everyone,
It has been a couple of weeks now since I posted pictures of two EEs that I am confused about, the other I think is a pullet, this one still has me confused. No rooster behaviour, comb is pinker that the known pullets but not as red as the other roosters and it has the red on its wings. It is around 8 weeks.

Sorry about the terrible pictures!
That red comb at only 8 weeks old, and that patchy dark red through the wing/shoulder both scream cockerel.

Quote: MyMillefleur...What are you basing the roo explanation on this bird... trying to learn more myself! thanks
The patchy coloring and dark red patches on the back and shoulders are the biggest indications. The comb is also a bit red (not overly, but he may just be the less dominant rooster of the two). I'm guessing you'll start seeing saddle feathers coming in any time. In fact, if you look under his wings and on his back, you may be able to see his shiny, pointy, cock feathers just starting to come in. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom