Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Cushion comb on my year old cockerel, see the one on the left.. He's such a good boy, not a mean bone in his little body.. Can't say that about the one on the right.

Help! Here are my two EEs. They are 8/9 weeks old. When we got them two, we have been told they were pullets. They did sex venting those two while we were there. I am hoping they are still pullets because we live in city limit and my daughter are attaching to them. :(We also have other 4 that are definitely pullets but different breeds. I find that EEs are hard to tell which is pullets or cock. [VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Help! Here are my two EEs. They are 8/9 weeks old. When we got them two, we have been told they were pullets. They did sex venting those two while we were there. I am hoping they are still pullets because we live in city limit and my daughter are attaching to them. :(We also have other 4 that are definitely pullets but different breeds. I find that EEs are hard to tell which is pullets or cock.

Both cockerels. Vent sexing is only accurate when chicks are less than 24 hours old, and only when done by a every experienced person.

I hope they are not cockerels. We had them since they were a few days old. My daughter will be very disappointed!
1f613.png

Last edited:
I have told my daughter, she was really upset. I called the farmer supply store that where we got our chicks, they apologized and are willing giving us 2 free chicks. They could not take our possible roosters. If we live out of country, I would not mind to keep them. I don't want to go through it again to raise those 2 chicks. We just transferred ours to coop 3 weeks ago.

I have told my daughter, she was really upset. I called the farmer supply store that where we got our chicks, they apologized and are willing giving us 2 free chicks. They could not take our possible roosters. If we live out of country, I would not mind to keep them. I don't want to go through it again to raise those 2 chicks. We just transferred ours to coop 3 weeks ago.

Don't give up yet my ees are same age and the Roos look much more roosterish than yours. The one has a straight comb too you don't know what they're mixed with could end up being two pullets.

Last edited:

This makes me so angry. The person who "sexed" them was obviously a liar. And to give you replacement chicks when they'll also be straight run (and therefore a 50% chance of being males) isn't all that helpful.

You might be able to find someone in your area who raises EEs and will sell you started pullets closer in age to the rest.

Back
Top Bottom