Easter egger silkies and maran crosses- 6 week old

Okay here they are around 12 weeks. I still don't know about the black olive Eggers.

View attachment 2016649
View attachment 2016650View attachment 2016651View attachment 2016652
Looks like all are pullets except for the one on the far right. Though I can't see the brown one that clearly.
:) Yes he's been a suspect for weeks. Weirdly he (or someone) crowed once or twice a few weeks ago, then never again. I never caught him doing it so I wasn't for sure it was him though. Is it weird that he hasn't crowed again? He had some red on his wings at around six weeks too, that's why he's always been a suspect. It's a good thing; I've been wanting to mate a half silkie back with a full silkie to get the fluff but with bigger eggs and more genetic diversity. Fingers crossed on that project.

I'm pretty pumped about the black ones being girls! All my rooster's kids lay light green eggs, and their mom is a very dark laying maran. Dark olive green eggs coming up?

Does anyone know what would happen if I mated the half-silkie boy with his half-silkie half-sisters?
25% of their offspring would have silkied feathers.

New photos of the chicks! They are around 14 weeks old now. It seems like the original guesses were correct. One boy, four girls.

20200218_144539.jpg
20200217_141128.jpg
20200217_141209.jpg
20200217_141126(0).jpg

The boy is a lot splotchier than I was expecting, but I'm sure his pattern will clean up a bit as he gets older. He's a funny one. He hardly ever crows, and he only crows when I can't see him. I've actually only caught him doing it once, and it was from very far away.

The boy is a lot splotchier than I was expecting, but I'm sure his pattern will clean up a bit as he gets older. He's a funny one. He hardly ever crows, and he only crows when I can't see him. I've actually only caught him doing it once, and it was from very far away.

He'll only crow when he thinks its safe to do so. Its a dominance thing. If he crows when you or your rooster are around, he's afraid of getting flogged.

Back
Top Bottom