Easter egger weak with hard crop

Newchickgrandma

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
Hi there, I have a little chicken less than 2 years old not doing well today. She barely moves, she's skinny, sometimes her comb looks purple. Her crop is a bit hard. She hasn't been laying eggs for a while now and is on the bottom of the pecking order. Plus we live in Yuma and it was 106 F in the shade yesterday! She is the sweetest thing, she keeps having health problems and we keep trying trying to take care of her. We just want her healthy and happy. Any advice?
20231009_103427.jpg

Attachments

• 20231009_103410.jpg
    20231009_103410.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 2
Could you check her crop early in the morning and make sure its empty?
Does she have any bloating in between her legs and underneath her vent?
What's her diet?
I would check her over for lice and mites.

What other health problems has she had before?

She has has soft shelled eggs with the shell hanging halfway out of her vent, coccidiosis, heat stroke, and sometimes she just seems to starve herself. Plus recently she had an impacted crop. Her skin and feathers look clean, no observable bloating, eats mostly layer pellets.

She has has soft shelled eggs with the shell hanging halfway out of her vent, coccidiosis, heat stroke, and sometimes she just seems to starve herself. Plus recently she had an impacted crop. Her skin and feathers look clean, no observable bloating, eats mostly layer pellets.
I somehow missed this post, so sorry about that.
How is she doing though?

Right now she seems to get weak once per week and takes a day or two to nurse back to health. She had a big soft shelled egg rupture inside her lately.

One people size tablet? Do you think I should put vinegar and water in her vent in case of infection? (From the rough-edged eggshell I had to help pull out?)

Back
Top Bottom