Easter Egger...without the fluffy cheeks?

She has a pea comb. With easter eggers a pea comb is very closely linked to the blue egg color gene. 96% of the time an easter egger with pea comb will lay either a blue or a green egg. All my smooth faced easter eggers did have pea combs. So odds are highly in your favor!

My girl is 23 weeks, no eggs yet. No muffs on her but she sure is beautiful!
3164AC50-9F4F-4DC8-8A8B-82A9A4DAC115.jpeg

"Attitude?" What is her "attitude" like? :lau
She’s always been high strung. Acts like she’s dying when we try to pet her...assumes we’re always trying to pet her 😆 At least she’s quieted down a bit now that she’s dropped a few rungs in the hierarchy. I actually like her more now that she’s bottom of the pack

Anyone have an Easter Egger that looks like mine? She looks nothing like other Easter Egger Pics I’ve seen...no fluffy cheeks. Her coloring is a lot like my Welsummer. If you have one like her, what color eggs did they lay? Btw she is 22 weeksView attachment 2379268
She definitely looks like an EE, not all have muffs or fluffy checks. Most EEs lay blue, green, yellow and sometimes pink eggs

She has a pea comb. With easter eggers a pea comb is very closely linked to the blue egg color gene. 96% of the time an easter egger with pea comb will lay either a blue or a green egg. All my smooth faced easter eggers did have pea combs. So odds are highly in your favor!
Combs have nothing to do with egg genes I have a pea comb and she lays brown eggs

Back
Top Bottom