Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TNBarnQueen, sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Also, looking for Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks. I've been looking for some with no luck, willing to drive to pick up if they're from good breeding stock.

Nella, I'd love to buy the ducks from you but I was hoping for some ducklings, that and DH is cheap and doesn't really want them so won't be willing to pay alot for them.
hmm.png
I only wanted like 2 or 3 any way, since I'm still throwing around the idea of getting some goslings as well...

I am a newbie newbie.

We almost have the coop box built and i am wanting to order chicks from the Mcmurray cataloge. I only need 10 for us to keep and would like to know if anyone else would be interested in adding to my order for themselves?

Maryville, TN
Shirley Blair
[email protected]

So this is where all the Tennessee people got to. Welcome to all newcomers. WeGotChickens - we need to plan another meet-up.

All you Knoxville people. Just heard today you can now get the permits to keep those chickens you've been hiding behind the bushes. 6 hens, no roosters.

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome Saloli!

What kind of chicks are you looking for? Us BYC members are always hatching baby chicks
smile.png
and they're cheaper that way, just fyi.

i want a variety of hens good for laying and meat.

I had picked two buff orpingtons
2 light brahmas
2 astrolorps
and 2 barred plymouth rocks
i also wanto to get one partridge cochin and a white cochin for my kids.
I am open to others but i want friendly good layers who will have meat on them when the time comes.
I am willing to take maybe bantams for the kids, one each, but the other eight should be pullets or females.
If my vocabulary is wrong sorry - i am still learning from online and raising chickens for dummies.
shirley

Quote:
Welcome to the ET feed Saloli.....I am selling off some of my flock for new stock. I have a buff orp hen...White Jersey Giant (great size for meat) and a few others. I originally ordered from McMurray's. I was very impressed with the chicks from them. It is a shame they require you to buy so many but the reason is it is easier on the chicks if there are several. Yes..25 is overkill...and if you have get one replaced they will not send it unless you order 24 more.
barnie.gif

Black Stars have been wonderful layers for me..but I will have to always admit my best layer is a mutt.
celebrate.gif
Jumbo eggs...rarely misses a day.
I just had a friend sell some astrolorps. Check around here on the feed and you may find what you are looking for.

Quote:
Yes, Karen, I think we all need to meet up again!

I know Barge has been doing a monthly meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month, but I can't make those (family commitments). Maybe we can get together on a weekend afternoon and he can catch us up on what's been discussed...

Quote:
Yes, Karen, I think we all need to meet up again!

I know Barge has been doing a monthly meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month, but I can't make those (family commitments). Maybe we can get together on a weekend afternoon and he can catch us up on what's been discussed...

Several have decided to meet at the show in Newport on Saturday May 7th.
Just thought you would like to know.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I can't begin to tell you how refreshing it is to hear you are reading up on chickening BEFORE getting the chickens!!!

I got a trio (that is one rooster and two hens) of mixed bantams. THey are friendly and small. The hens are especially pretty and friendly. No pushy sale, but thought I would let you know. They just started laying little white eggs.

Those little bantam eggs are so cute to dye for Easter.

I can't make the Newport show - that's the first day of our Farmers' Market - my Saturdays will be tied up until noon until Thanksgiving.
Lori, maybe we could do another Sat. afternoon when the weather is less uncertain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom