Easy Lasagna casserole

country lady

Songster
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
NW Tennessee
I have searched for two days looking for this recipe. I pulled out the drawer and found it a few minutes ago. It had fallen out the back of the drawer. We really like this quick recipe.

1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 med. onion, choppedL
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 teasp. seasoned salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablesp. butter, melted
2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package.
In large skillet, cook beef and onion over med. heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
Stir in spag. sauce and seasoned salt.
Set aside

In large bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter.
Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture, toss to coat

Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in x 9 in. baking dish
Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella
Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted

Yield: 8-10 servings

Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour

This is made like lasagna. I use deer meat and any kind of Prego sauce that I have.
Adding favorite herbs jazzes it up, too. I take kitchen scissors and cut up the cooked noodles into bite size.
(Who wants to take time playing with long noodles!)

Even easier.....

Make twice as much spaghetti sauce as you will need when you make spaghetti. Put the leftovers in the frig for several days....when you are ready to make your lasagna....take 10 noodles out of the package and put them in the 9x13-inch cake pan that you are going to make your lasagna in and cover them with hot water and let them sit for 25 minutes. Then remove the noodles from the pan and wipe it dry. Spray the pan with no-stick spray and take your leftover sauce out of the frig and assemble your lasagna...cover the pan with foil and bake in a 375 - degree oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil and place back in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes to brown the cheese.

this sounds yummy.

droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom