EcoGlow reviews??

I think it's so cute that they all tuck in under there to sleep at night, and come out in the morning in a little gang for breffus. Mine are also two weeks old and using the lowest height setting. They play on the top of it and launch across the brooder.

I love mine, but the poop on top where they LOVE to play was driving me a bit crazy. Finally figured out a solution
smile.png
! I put an egg carton on the top obstructing their access to it. I then put a little stick in there for them to play on. They're happy and so am I now...I do love the brooder though.

Last edited:
I have discovered an odd side effect of using the EcoGlow brooder: some chicks have the feathers on the tops of their heads flattened down.
lau.gif
The look like they have little flat-tops! Square heads!
gig.gif

We finally got 7 chicks (our first batch of chickens ever!), and I just love the EcoGlow! I bought them from a farm store where they've probably never seen the darkness, but I wanted them to get used to night and day, because it's the way it's supposed to be. When I put them in the brooder, I don't think they realized where to get warm, so I picked them up and plopped a couple underneath the EcoGlow on the lowest height setting. The others followed, and now it's just great! They sleep there all through the night (at least I don't hear them peep) and start waking up when the sun starts to rise. It's so cute watching them scamper out from underneath to get some food and then run back under if they get a little cold. I am so glad I purchased this product, and would recommend it to anyone! It's also nice because they can lay just outside of it, or half in/half out to get the warmth that they need. I also provided a little shaded cardboard box in the opposite corner in case they get too warm in the sun room.

The larger chicks are starting to jump on top and leave little happiness balls, but a paper towel wipes it right off.

I just love them so much already! MEEP!

This thread makes so much sense. I am new to chickens and this entire time of hearing how they needed to be kept at 90-95 made no sense. I mean seriously, think about it..chickens have chicks..chickens do not sit on their chicks for weeks on end after they are born...nor are they only born in warm climates. It makes sense to provide a warming spot..but other than that, they are animals, who adapt. I am in Tucson, yesterday is was 95 here, abnormally warm for now, but still...when I was told I needed a 250 watt warming bulb, all I could do was laugh. I may have to invest in one of these..and honestly, this isn't an investment compared to what a coop and run can cost. The electricity alone for a few weeks on a 250 watt bulb pays for this $60 device.

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I love it!!!
love.gif
I am thinking of getting a second one in a month or so. I really like everything about it. The best thing about it is no red light to explode. I wish I bought 2 at a time. It is a worthy investment in any brooder. The temperature is just right for chicks. I can see myself raising many broods with my brooder.
I don't know how I ever lived without it!

Husband and I are discussing the load calcs. He wants me to "invest" in one or two, and then we'll run them on an electricity usage meter, and see how much we really save.

Electricity is pretty cheap in Phx, but we DID notice it was way high this year---as we had to put heat lamps out in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom