EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I said it wrong. Duckling was walking in, and I sent the post before reading it.
The Serrano peppers weren’t coming up. I finally planted the last four seeds, hoping I’d done something stupid with the first 20 or so seeds. Maybe they slipped very far down when watering them. The store bought bell and jalapeño seeds were growing like crazy, so I suspected the Amazon seller was not so trustworthy.
Whatever made the peppers start to grow, I’m grateful! I’ve come to rely on them for my chili. There’s a nursery by OneMountainAcres that sells the started plants, but they are very far away, and likely not open this year.

I said it wrong. Duckling was walking in, and I sent the post before reading it.
The Serrano peppers weren’t coming up. I finally planted the last four seeds, hoping I’d done something stupid with the first 20 or so seeds. Maybe they slipped very far down when watering them. The store bought bell and jalapeño seeds were growing like crazy, so I suspected the Amazon seller was not so trustworthy.
Whatever made the peppers start to grow, I’m grateful! I’ve come to rely on them for my chili. There’s a nursery by OneMountainAcres that sells the started plants, but they are very far away, and likely not open this year.
I much prefer starting from seed even though I occasionally buy seedlings. The cost difference is extraordinary. I've seen tomato seedlings selling for close to $6 at a big box store. For $6 of seeds you could raise several hundred plants.
I've raised tomatoes and hot peppers most of my life. Now I adhere to an eating regimen in the Steven Gundry M.D. book 'The Longevity Paradox'. It is all about feeding beneficial gut bacteria and one's microbiome. Tomatoes and peppers are a no-no. I'll still raise some for my wife and I may still even use some serranos and romas for my secret ceviche recipe.
The Longevity Paradox is about living longer and healthier but I've also lost weight on it. I've always eaten well, no sugar, no soda, no artificial ingredients, flavors, colors, etc. But sticking with green leafy veggies, root crops (except potatoes), tree nuts, avocados, only organic, grass fed meats and eggs, berries but avoiding high sugar fruits, I lost about 35 pounds in the last 10 months. I'd still like to drop another 20 but I'm not in a hurry.
:gig I just thinned out the tomatoes, and started on the bell peppers. I was tearing up the whole time. I hate killing the seedings.
Don't feel bad, I hate it too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom