EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

“This is Judy I wanted to let you guys know when I didn’t know how to do that so I’m glad you text me and Ken has brain cancer and it’s not expected to live may be another month anytime I guess so I am really dealing with a lot of stuff and could use a lot of prayers.
“he has no pain so far so we praise the Lord for that his legs are giving out on him so it makes it hard for me to help him but that’s what I do of course Hospices called in and they are here but they’re not here but they’re here so just pray that the Lord gives me the strength to get through this.”
Thank you so much for letting us know. Please know I will pray for you both. Also please tell Ken that he will be missed his wit, humor, advise, and just sharing of life made an impact on me, and have been and will be missed. May the Lord strength and encourage you both. Wish I was close enough to offer some help. (Do you have enough wood for winter?)
Dax

I’ve been gone for awhile because we moved from AZ to my home state of Iowa and I’m loving all the green and rain plus seeing my family. Unfortunately I had to rehome my chickens in AZ so I just started another small flock but this time I got a breed I’ve wanted for years. I now have five serama chicks and one tiny guy just started to crow. It’s so funny to hear.
About a month after we got to our new home in Iowa, we got hit by a tornado!! I lived in Iowa most of my life and never had a storm like this one! We live on about an acre and a half with lots of trees and we lost 7 very large oak trees plus half of a few more. Somehow they all missed our house so we’re very thankful for that. Damaged our small barn and destroyed our fenced dog yard. Two trees and half of another fell in there. I’m also thankful we didn’t have the coop up yet or the hawks mews because they would have been destroyed. So we’ve been cleaning up from that for weeks. But again, no one was hurt and our house is fine except for a few shingles. Welcome back to Iowa. Lol
Glad you and the house made it through alright. As a tornado alley resident (Joplin Missouri) that is always the best news.

Glad you and the house made it through alright. As a tornado alley resident (Joplin Missouri) that is always the best news.
Thank you and we do feel blessed that we’re ok. After the storm we walked outside to see what damage we had and it was like looking at a war zone!! We knew we’d lost. A couple trees because we watched them go down from the windows but what we found was unbelievable! Trees twisted, some uprooted, huge branches stuck in the ground a couple feet. My husband found another one yesterday. He thought it was a tree but the leaves were dead and after getting a closer look, it was a large branch stuck into the ground! He had to use a jack to get it out. That’s also the day I had to get to town to pick up some chicks I had shipped. The neighbors helped cut up a tree blocking the driveway so we could get out. Sorry I’m rambling. But very thankful!

Thank you and we do feel blessed that we’re ok. After the storm we walked outside to see what damage we had and it was like looking at a war zone!! We knew we’d lost. A couple trees because we watched them go down from the windows but what we found was unbelievable! Trees twisted, some uprooted, huge branches stuck in the ground a couple feet. My husband found another one yesterday. He thought it was a tree but the leaves were dead and after getting a closer look, it was a large branch stuck into the ground! He had to use a jack to get it out. That’s also the day I had to get to town to pick up some chicks I had shipped. The neighbors helped cut up a tree blocking the driveway so we could get out. Sorry I’m rambling. But very thankful!
They can do an incredible amount of damage. Glad you have good neighbors. I have been blessed to be able to help others and only have minor damage (especially hail) at my place. The worst I have ever seen was inside the city of Joplin. It was a grinder 200+ mph winds, just only moving about twenty five mph if I remember right. It moved an eight or nine story hospital eight inches off it's foundation and reduced homes to shredded very small pieces of wood etc. It was eerie to be able too look miles through the center of town down about a half a mile wide swath. I stood on main street and just couldn't shake the feeling of how wrong it was to be able to see that far, and all of it looking like it had been put through a blender.

We just had a huge storm! Flooding..in the city again. This is the second time it's happened since July. We're grateful for rain, just not expecting it like this!

Back
Top Bottom