EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

So far collected
I made everyone go away again by posting again

Last edited:
on am gonna set Monday instead I will be full tommorow and thermometer comes in Monday.
How are you going to set on Monday if the thermometer doesn't come in until Monday? Aren't you going to calibrate it or at least spot check it for 24 hours before you set the eggs? There is no point in setting them if the temp is off or unstable. I have set serama eggs that were almost a month old and still developed and hatched because I stored them correctly. I think you would be better off getting the thermometer on Monday and setting on Tuesday or Wednesday when the temp and humidity is stable. One or 2 days is not going to make or break your fertility but if your settings are off you can say goodbye to that whole batch of eggs. You are on here for help and we are trying to help you but you have to learn to be patient and listen when you ask for advice. Otherwise it is disrespectful to people's time and efforts that are trying to teach you.

Are they hard? Can't tell on my phone but my birds will sometimes have hard round shiny things that look like plastic balls. They're (edited their for there then they're for the grammar police Lol! :-D ) either chokecherry pits or we have regular big cherry trees not the fruit one's but they produce little cherries with pits just like a chokecherry. They grind around in the gizzard like a jewel tumbler.

Popcorn seeds maybe?

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't find any other poop like it, so I am hoping it was a fluke.

We used to hit the drive-in at least once a weekend; was a way of life in the 60's.
Only operating drive-in I know of now is near Dillsburg, PA, & I'm not sure it's even still there; been a few years since I was through there.

I know of a few still open.... Bit of a hike though

We have one about 1.5 hrs away. Try to hit it up at least once a summer.

@Fire Ant Farm
Oops the picture did not post.

Beautiful view.

So far collected

Nice collection of eggs. Make sure you calibrate the new thermo and be patient. No need to rush it like mel said. Production has actually picked up for me and its possible that i will be out of room before the 1st. I planned to set on the 1st though so that is when they will go in.

Back
Top Bottom