EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Yeah, I can't wait to see how Coo looks grown!
Someone said Blondie looks like a Buff Orpington mix, so I thought she'd be cream colored, but she just keeps getting lighter. So she could very well turn out white. I just hope they have pretty eggs! (And I don't want to wait 4 more months to see! LOL)
I have a hatchery EE that got the single comb gene. She was always so much more mature (and big) than her hatchmate. Her comb and wattles (at 5 weeks old) were much larger than even older chicks of ours...and hers were dark pink. For some time, despite her plumage, I worried she was a roo. Nope. Her face turned red around 14 or 15 weeks. I checked her vent at 16 weeks...super moist....pretty certain she was laying already as I'd noticed a brown egg here and there that I didn't recognize. Not surprised that it isn't colored as she has the single comb. Her hatchmate is nowhere close to laying yet. So it might be 4 months... but one might surprise u and lay sooner!

so on saturday (3 days ago now) I picked up some "ameraucana" chicks from tractor supply (was wanting EEs but the didnt have any but to my surprise they had "ameraucanas") so i picked some up (knowing that they are more like EEs coming from a feed store.) I got 6 and am hoping they are all female. one is named sparky but I only know it by its behavior its the only one that works hardest to run away from me when i go to pick it up

chick #1 dark with chipmunk marks
1.2.jpg

1.jpg

chick #2 dark with chipmunk marks
2.2.jpg

2.jpg

chick #3 gray with black chipmunkish markings youngest still has egg tooth
3.2.jpg

3.jpg

chick #4 gray with chipmunk marking, pretty sure one of 2 youngest chicks
also have the feeling this in the only roo (dont ask me why but i just have a feeling)
4.2.jpg

4.jpg

chick #5 dark yellow with chipmunk marks
5.2.jpg

5.jpg

chick #6 dark with chipmunk marks
6.2.jpg
6.jpg

will post update pictures as they grow

The newest pics of my 2 EE girls (actually from a week ago, at 7weeks old) - Blondie is indeed turning all white, which I've been told is called a Snowball EE, and Coo is still looking pretty with her multi-colored look. They both seem to have lost their puffy cheeks, but as long as I get pretty eggs from them I'm happy. :)

IMG_6559.JPG
IMG_6563.JPG

so on saturday (3 days ago now) I picked up some "ameraucana" chicks from tractor supply (was wanting EEs but the didnt have any but to my surprise they had "ameraucanas") so i picked some up (knowing that they are more like EEs coming from a feed store.) I got 6 and am hoping they are all female. one is named sparky but I only know it by its behavior its the only one that works hardest to run away from me when i go to pick it up

chick #1 dark with chipmunk marks
View attachment 2274410
View attachment 2274412

chick #2 dark with chipmunk marks
View attachment 2274411
View attachment 2274413

chick #3 gray with black chipmunkish markings youngest still has egg tooth
View attachment 2274414
View attachment 2274415

chick #4 gray with chipmunk marking, pretty sure one of 2 youngest chicks
also have the feeling this in the only roo (dont ask me why but i just have a feeling)
View attachment 2274416
View attachment 2274417

chick #5 dark yellow with chipmunk marks
View attachment 2274418
View attachment 2274419

chick #6 dark with chipmunk marks
View attachment 2274421View attachment 2274422

will post update pictures as they grow
so not entirely an update but here are 2 chicks that fell asleep in my hand. at first the one on the right fell asleep in my hand for like an hour then eventually woke up to eat a tiny spider that hung down in to there brooder. then eventually after some food time they all started getting tired again and the one on the left came up to me looking at me in a tired sort of way and so i picked it up and it fell asleep immediately in my hand then the original one (on the right) came up and just stood there waiting to be let up onto my hand as all there other siblings hunkered down on the other side of the brooder. I feel like Ive finally earned some trust with these little ones.

here is Ziggy asleep in my hand the first time
ziggysleepinginghand2.jpg

here is Ziggy and Squirt asleep in my hand the second time

squirt and ziggy sleeping in hand.jpg

here is maverik, annabell, sparky, dotty (from front to back) asleep while the other 2 are asleep in my hand.
annabell dotty maverik sparky sleeping.jpg

and bonus picture from this morning
Ziggy perching on there practice roost
perchziggy.jpg

Destiny/Dest
13 weeks old
Very large, active, alert, masculine, and confident. Loves to jump on my shoulder. I actually call her my buddy. Hoping She is not really a He!
View attachment 2257337
View attachment 2257339
Update: Destiny is 16 weeks old now! In the middle of a molt and slow to mature. Her breast is turning a pretty light salmon color! Any eggs
from her before 24 weeks would be a complete shock.

20200813_123218.jpg

20200813_122724.jpg

Any u
The newest pics of my 2 EE girls (actually from a week ago, at 7weeks old) - Blondie is indeed turning all white, which I've been told is called a Snowball EE, and Coo is still looking pretty with her multi-colored look. They both seem to have lost their puffy cheeks, but as long as I get pretty eggs from them I'm happy. :)

View attachment 2275246View attachment 2275248
Need more update pics please.

Here she is at 18 weeks. Still doesn’t seem close to laying, though! I can’t wait to see what color eggs she’ll lay! 55DD3E4C-A1FA-4450-9107-9017196B73CA.jpeg 578A1499-709F-4296-9B59-4E79DAB3EB67.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom