EE?....not quite sure of either?

rulucky

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 20, 2012
About three months ago I bought six laying hens...Two SLW, one GLW, one PBR and the other two im not quite sure...I think one may be an Easter Egger and the other I think may be some kind of cross...not sure?

I think the one in the back is the EE...has gray feet and beek...No clue about the one in the front...any help?

Another shot of what I think is the EE...Still pretty new to all of this and I think the funnest part is trying to identify what all i have...especially with the baby chicks....Never know what ur gonna end up with sometimes!....Thanks for any help.

the front one might be a welsummer the back one does she have a single comb? she looks to be getting white earlobes and I want to say shes a golden lakenvelder but need to know what kind of comb she has

Yeah I agree not great pics...been dark by the time im off of work lately....will get some better pics this weekend

Well...surprise!! surprise!!...I'm pretty sure now...definitely an Easter egger. Sort of hard to tell in the pic...it almost looks white but in person this is for sure a greenish-bluish egg...so excited and so are my boys...green eggs and ham now for breakfast...lol.

Yes it is from the one with the grayish legs. I am pretty sure now that the one in the front is a welsummer from pics I have found online. Not sure it it is laying yet. I have six chickens in this coop total, three older wyandottes that have been laying for about six months now. The EE just started yesterday. One of the other two younger ones (the welsummer or the barred rock) has been laying for about two weeks now, just not sure which one.

Actually, the color pattern on a Welsummer is common so there are several breeds possible. Your ladies both look like mixes. This is one of my Welsummers -- note how her back is a dark brown with just the gold feather shafts? And she's bigger and stouter than the EE behind her:

Back
Top Bottom