Egg Art!

Wow, Chickenzoo! How did you do that? Did you etch it away with a drimmel tool or something? How did you keep it from shattering?
I really want to use some of my first eggs to make Christmas ornaments for my family. I mean, they've had to put up with my ongoing chicken chatter, so they might as well get something cool out of it. Both of these options are great!

Quote:
I used a Turbo carver and held my breath..Ha Ha , These eggs are pretty strong and hold up to a lot of stress. I went to take a pic of it after I spent all that time on it, and forgot I did not glue it to the stand. Set up the photo area in my kitchen and WHAM.......slid over sideways and hit a marble cutting board! Broke a good piece off the top, but I glued it back as you can't tell in the pic.
th.gif
barnie.gif

Lesson - when carved make sure it is on a sturdy base and glued well!
old.gif

It's gorgeous. You did a great job.
Did you sketch the pattern on it first? What is a Turbo carver? Is it like an etching tool kinda? I'm wondering if I can use my drimmel knock off.

LCRT, thanks for posting those--WOW, what a lot of work! I think you need to charge more, seriously.

chickenzoo--that is some incredible carving. Do you use any kind of a template? It's all so wonderfully symmetrical and delicate. Amazing!

mizauntcathy'shenhouse :

Where can I find the kind of hens that laid those eggs???!!!
big_smile.png
WOW! What great craftmanship and creativity!!
smile.png

I tried keeping mine in with a bunny but still no luck
big_smile.png

Hi, the Turbo carver is a neat carving tool that runs at high RPM's and has very little vibration when you carve. I tried a dremel, and some people can do it with them, but I found this tool to be well priced, fits in your hand better and easier to carve with. I didn't use any templates, I just drew them on by hand. You can make straight lines by taking a wooden dowel, inserting it straight up in to a heavier wooded block,(making a stand) take another wooden block and drill two holes, one straight through the block (top to bottom) so the dowel can go through. 90degrees from that in alinement with that hole, screw a Loop head screw. That way you can slide the block up and down the dowel and turn the screw to stop it and hold it in place. next drill another hole for your pencil/dry erase marker. Now if you put your egg in a glass cup(short one) you can turn your cup around slowly with your pencil pressed up ageist the egg, and make a straight line. You can use easier methods but I got tired of stacking things up to the height I needed..HaHa
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom