Egg bound? NEED HELP NOW!

Did she lay an egg on her own or did you have to intervene somehow? I have a hen that has spent half a day in the nesting box and whimpering. I am wondering if she is egg bound.
I was just about to intervene, i had set up a warm bath and all that, but when i went to get her she had layed it. How is your chicken acting?

I was just about to intervene, i had set up a warm bath and all that, but when i went to get her she had layed it. How is your chicken acting?
I have her bottom a soak in warm epsoms salt water bath and she seemed fine. She stood up and passed a large, normal looking poo, then some diarrhea. I put her Back into the coop and she immediately went back to the nesting box. Is it possible that she could be broody? She is only 6 months old.

I have her bottom a soak in warm epsoms salt water bath and she seemed fine. She stood up and passed a large, normal looking poo, then some diarrhea. I put her Back into the coop and she immediately went back to the nesting box. Is it possible that she could be broody? She is only 6 months old.
Itā€™s possible, is she puffing herself all up and screeching at you when you go and peek in on her?

Back
Top Bottom