egg cartons for dozen eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bumblebeehillschickenfarm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. bumblebeehillschickenfarm

bumblebeehillschickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    maryland
    I would like to know if their is somewhere that sells egg cartons cheap. I can only find them from 30 to 25 cents ea.
    Thanks

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You can find them cheaper but you have to buy 10,000 at a time.

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Try posting on your local Craigslist and Freecycle. Often people have a stack of them and are glad to give them away.

4. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Try e-bay. [​IMG]

5. henjoy

henjoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    You can try Falcon Packaging. I don't have their email address, but their phone number is 937-473-3252. They are a bit cheaper. I got some from them in December and my cost shipping and all was about 19 cents each. Also you can try, as already mentioned, looking for free ones. Sometimes that works well. Are you selling your eggs or just needing to store them for yourself and family/friends. Because I sell mine, I'm pretty picky about my cartons as I like them to be as nice as the eggs inside. Sometimes recycled ones can be a bit well--recycled looking.

6. bumblebeehillschickenfarm

bumblebeehillschickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks everyone and i am selling eggs just to friends and family but this spring i will be getting about 4 to 5 dozen a day. I will also be selling alot of chicks i hope. I will also be selling on ebay and eggbid.

7. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Nice new website bumblebeehillschickenfarm! Now get those girls a-laying! [​IMG]

8. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Check with a local bakery. They usually just throw them out. That is where I get mine from and they just give them to me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by