egg cartons ?

Quote:
They do? Cool. Funny how things are different everywhere. Everyone I know leaves the eggs in the carton and puts whole thing in the fridge. Like I was chatting with an internet friend one day and mentioned having to get to movies early to get a good seat and she was confused as all her movie theaters have assigned seats.

everyone i know puts the cartons in the fridge as well

who woulda thought?!
smile.png

Quote:
In some areas to legally sell backyard eggs you must use a new carton - or transfer your eggs to the customer's carton. That is of course, if you feel like following every rule.
wink.png

Some rules, at least in my area, stipulate that if I have over xx number of hens, then any eggs sold must be graded and put in new cartons that have all FDA safe handling information, my farm address and phone number, the packaged date, the use by date, etc. If I have 20 hens less than the magic number, I'm free to reuse old cartons as long as I cross out all the printed information (name, address, grade information). My information must be on the carton somewhere (file folder labels are great for this)

It's a good idea to check your local / state ordinances regarding the sale of backyard eggs. If the unlikely were to happen (someone got sick from your eggs) and you were found to be in violation of 'safe practices' the fines can be incredibly hefty. Not all areas have the same rules!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Figures, next thing BYC egg sellers will have to have salmonella testing done in order to sell eggs. "Lawyers, kill them all."

Styrofoam or paper, it seems to be pretty much a moot point. One thing is evident though, we are all primarily concerned with a safe disease free product. Maybe the backyard poultry folks should stage a hostil takeover of the egg industry.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom