Egg containers for fridge - input

FWC2019

Chirping
Apr 3, 2019
I am wanting to put a couple of dozen eggs in the fridge and would like to hear suggestions from you them there experts on this;). I prefer to have a container which is covered/sealed, stack-able, and holds 12 eggs each. (yes, I have looked on amazon...but still wanting your input if you don't mind). Didn't know if anyone has found some they really like?

I apologize (as I am still a newb here:)) if this information is in another thread/review/etc. I looked in Search for Reviews/Forums on this subject but couldn't find anything. If there is something then please let me know and I shall go there with the speed of the click-ness.

As always, thanks for your help/guidance.

Are you talking about containers for eggs in fridges? In that case, I just put plain eggs in my fridge :gig but it’s not very full... so if your fridge is full I would just put them in anything, as long as someone won’t just take it out, and throw it onto the ground.

If I didn’t answer any of your question lmk

I use an inexpensive plastic skelter to keep them in order laid:
skelter.jpg

There are tons of options. :hmm

For our personal use eggs mine don't get refrigerated.
If I were to refrigerate I would choose reusable/washable containers.

Eggs for sale here are put in Styrofoam containers. Why that instead of cardboard?
Because they can be cleaned with a damp cloth and I offer a discount if they bring back a carton when getting more eggs.

Friends and family bring us/give us cardboard egg cartons since we don't care for the styrofoam ones. In return, they get eggs for free. Each carton gets dated as to when it began to get filled. We get an average of a dozen eggs every 3 days from our 5 layers. At any given time we have 3-6 dozen eggs in the fridge. The cardboard cartons are reusable many times. I've had cartons with as many as six different dates written on the end of them.

There's cardboard and/or plastic egg cartons you can buy. I don't store in the fridge. I leave them in a basket on the wall unwashed until I'm ready to use them.

Are you talking about containers for eggs in fridges? In that case, I just put plain eggs in my fridge :gig but it’s not very full... so if your fridge is full I would just put them in anything, as long as someone won’t just take it out, and throw it onto the ground.

If I didn’t answer any of your question lmk
Well, I am just wanting to put a couple of dozen in our fridge for our own consumption. Would like to be able to see (i.e. plastic container) what is in there:). For example, something like this:

upload_2019-5-8_16-37-43.png

I just didn't know if anyone used things like this?

There are tons of options. :hmm

For our personal use eggs mine don't get refrigerated.
If I were to refrigerate I would choose reusable/washable containers.

Eggs for sale here are put in Styrofoam containers. Why that instead of cardboard?
Because they can be cleaned with a damp cloth and I offer a discount if they bring back a carton when getting more eggs.
Warning: Chicken math enabler ==== LOVE IT!!!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom