Egg Custard Bake... YUM!

Quote:
We can't tell what you did wrong until you tell us what you did.

That's what I can't figure out, I followed the recipe as is, bisquick and all. I baked it in a pyrex dish in a water bath and all.

Oh, and all the bisquick rose to the top and formed a crust over it. That part didn't taste too bad lol

Last edited:
KSacres, how well did you mix the batter? I use a blender so it's pretty much pulverized together. Based on what you described, I'm wondering whether stirring vs. pulverizing may affect the baked outcome...

KSacres, sounds like you did everything right. Maybe you just don't like it (which is fine). Can you send your leftovers to me?

I have a similar recipe that I used to make in the '70s(?). Haven't made it in a long time, but mine calls for baking it at a higher temp which may be what you need to "set" the custard. I think Halo is right about the mixing time and I think the reason for using the blender is that it would be hard to get the Bisquick to blend in without overmixing. If you don't have a blender, you might try mixing the Bisquick with part of the milk until it becomes smooth and then adding it to the rest of the ingredients. Anyway, here is mine:

IMPOSSIBLE PIE

1/2 cup Bisquick
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
4 oz. coconut (optional)
3 tablespoons margarine or butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Put all ingredients in blender and mix. Pour into buttered 9-inch pie plate.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until custard is just set.

Edited to add: This recipe was on the Bisquick box.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom