Egg Hatching Anonymous

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
I CAN'T STOP! I recently bought a bator and then I bought another (better) one. I've got 18 eggs due to hatch on the 4th and I have 10 duck eggs due to hatch on the 15th. There was a lady on Craigslist that was willing to loan her bator to a stranger and allow them to hatch eggs, some for them and a few for her. I contacted her and offered to hatch for her, not wanting any more chicks but told her I'd happily hatch some for her in my bator. She has a new grandchild 3 hours from here and she doesnt have time to incubate due to running back and forth. She will be dropping the eggs off tomorrow morning. And as if this wasn't enough, I bought 6+ Blue Splash Cochin eggs that will be here next week. I don't have any Cochin nor do I have any splash chickens so this is a treat for me. But my question is will the madness stop? I'm still looking for eggs to incubate
th.gif
. I plan on selling most of the chicks and some of the ducks that I'm hatching. Do other hatchers go through this? How long does it last? It's almost like OCD. HELP
barnie.gif

Hi Im Dena, I have a Hatching problem!
My other problem is I DONT WANNA SELL THEM AFTER THEY HATCH!
MINE! MINE! MINE!

I think my Bator was empty for a full week before my Turkey started laying again and well I HAD to hatch those and if I have Turkeys in there I may as well fill it up with Easter Eggers and Silkies and My friend gave me some RIR eggs since I HAD ROOM and then I might as well put this weeks Polish in and I Just LOVE these dark Marans eggs so Id rather hatch them than eat them....so NOW ITS ALL FULL AGAIN!

HELP!

I have the same disease, I can't stop hatching them and i have real trouble selling them - I don't want to!
love.gif

And the poor people who come to pick up their 6 weeks old chicks get the 'make sure you lock them up at night' 'they need lots of room to run around' etc etc...

I have even got the kids hooked telling Dad, 'Can we keep them' 'Can we keep them'
hugs.gif

Oh I am soo Hooked...
lau.gif

Maybe before I sell my chicks I should have the "adoptee parents" fill out an application
gig.gif
. "Excuse me but I need your yearly income on line 5 and be sure you leave me with at least 5 alternative contact numbers"

I am horrible about picking families for MY birdies! AND DONT EVEN call and tell me your dog ate the last batch and you want some more!
I take names and you WONT EVER get another one of my babies!
I spent 21 days hovering over a styrofoam box, Candeling and hand turning, hours staring at them hatching and helping them push mentally.
THESE ARE MINE!

This is Also why my hubby WILL NOT let me breed the dog again. I cried and panicked every time the phone rang cause someone wanted MY BABIES!

So now I am a chicken hoarder...You will see me on TLC one day!

Back
Top Bottom