Egg stuck in membrane outside vent. Help!

Pics
I'm not sure if its prolapsed or if this membrane is something else. Should see yry to massage it back in. I'm worried we might break the egg and cause more issues.

Hey all. We got the egg out. It took a whole lot of massaging, oiling and patience but she looks a lot better. You have all been wonderful. Thanks so much for taking the time on a Friday night to lend your thoughts and support. Love you all.:love

For the most part, yes. It just looks swollen and sore now.
Nice job and getting the egg out!
Is all the prolapsed tissue inside of her? If not, then keep it moist, you don't want that drying out. You can use honey, anti-inflammatory cream, prep H, etc. - whatever you have to keep tissue moist.

I would work on getting her hydrated and get Calcium into her. Caltrate with D3 or in a pinch you can give Tums. Calcium helps with retention and contractions.
If she's really swollen, let her rest, but warm epsom salts soaks can also help reduce some swelling. Only give her soaks if she's alert and not in distress.

Heather (@HeatherKellyB ) What a Cheerleader! So sweet of you to hang in there with the OP and give support🤗

Oooops. I have fed her some nappa cabbage already. I'll pause on anything else though. Thought you might all want to see her looking better, so here is Queeny.
20210306_094227.jpg

We're here for you. Even if I'm not any help. I'm cheering you on.
You were a great help!!!! Thanks again. I was so upset that our local vets seemed to not care because it was a chicken. I called at least 7 or 8 vets and only the last one was even willing to listen to what was going on. You were all way more helpful!

Nice job and getting the egg out!
Is all the prolapsed tissue inside of her? If not, then keep it moist, you don't want that drying out. You can use honey, anti-inflammatory cream, prep H, etc. - whatever you have to keep tissue moist.

I would work on getting her hydrated and get Calcium into her. Caltrate with D3 or in a pinch you can give Tums. Calcium helps with retention and contractions.
If she's really swollen, let her rest, but warm epsom salts soaks can also help reduce some swelling. Only give her soaks if she's alert and not in distress.

Heather (@HeatherKellyB ) What a Cheerleader! So sweet of you to hang in there with the OP and give support🤗
Thanks again for all of the sound advice. She is alert this morning, hungry and even started preening herself. We plan on keeping her inside with us for the day to keep an eye on her. I am crossing my fingers in hopes of her resisting the urge to lay another egg before she heals though. Don't want a repeat. She is pooping which I assume is a good sign.:celebrate:D

Back
Top Bottom